- Posted: over a month ago
We design, develop and manufacture case packers and tray packing solutions for flexible and other tough-to-handle packages such as doypacks, pillow bags, and four-sided sealed bags. Built for around-the-clock operation, these solutions have a worldwide reputation for their quick change-over, flexibility, speed, and comprehensive design. Our Integrated state-of-the-art technologies include gravity, pick and place, wrap-around, and vision-guided robotics.
At BPA, we are absolutely passionate about innovation. It adds the fun and inspiration to our work that people need to excel. Our customers stimulate innovation by developing new needs, and we are on a never-ending quest to find a better, simpler way. BPA has no innovation budget. Innovation is what we are.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer at our Longmont, CO location.
The Software Engineer provides software and support for a variety of factory automation equipment. They will contribute to all phases of a project. Including time/cost estimating, designing, programming, testing, installing, commissioning, and providing field support. The Software Engineer also contributes to higher-level company needs such as design standardization and the research and development of new technologies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the applications group to evaluate the schedule, budget, and technical feasibility of projects.
- Develop designs, specifications, and control schemes for machines and their integration into larger automation systems.
- Integrate existing software where applicable.
- Write and develop new software where applicable.
- Work with a team of software engineers to expand and improve the standard code base.
- Troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems and their interactions with underlying control software.
- Align and calibrate precision equipment.
- Tune machine vision systems to suit specific applications.
- Operate machines during testing and production phases. Make normal user adjustments to improve machine operation.
- Calculate and evaluate automation system efficiencies. Perform basic statistical analysis on machine data.
- Assist with the installation of equipment at customer facilities.
- Work with customers, engineers, and vendors to commission automation systems.
- Participate in lessons-learned meetings with team members after completion of programs/projects.
- Make customer site visits as necessary to help solve field issues.
- Be available for on-call support after normal working hours when needed.
- Research new industry technologies and share them with peers.
- Work with a team of multidisciplinary engineers on the development of new technologies.
- Mentor junior-level engineers in areas of expertise.
- Ensure the highest quality in all phases of a project.
- Maintain a high awareness of client satisfaction levels and client needs.
- Periodically travel up to 25% in the United States and internationally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/ Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5 years of experience in a software development or engineering role that involves control system design and troubleshooting. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and troubleshoot complex software systems.
- Demonstrated competence with software standardization and modularization.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated competence with machine vision applications.
- Understanding of precision positioning equipment.
- Understanding of basic statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to program industrial robots, PLCs, and/or HMIs, Rockwell preferred.
- Experience with ABB and/or Fanuc robots preferred.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Automation control platforms preferred.
- Experience with Cognex vision systems preferred.
At this time, BPA will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
BPA prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive an employment offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
BPA offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. In addition, we offer a robust benefits package including a majority employer-paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability; 12 days’ vacation and 3 days' sick during the first year of employment, as well as 401(k) with a 6% match.
BPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Blueprint Automation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?