- Posted: over a month ago
“We Push the Boundaries of Possibilities for our Communities.”
Overview of the Position Responsibilities: The Sales Engineer will be responsible for effective communication between all sales channels and other teams throughout the organization such as engineering, construction, and operations. This role will work through complex issues with a methodical approach and to graphically depict these solutions in a compelling manner. If this sounds exciting, please read on. This position is remote and must be located in Oklahoma.
What You Will Do:
- Design and develop network solutions for commercial and MDU customers, including network topologies and technical specifications.
- Compile project costs, including network elements, outside plant construction, and personnel costs, in order to develop a business case for the designed solution.
- Assess performance and service level agreements against both company capabilities and customer expectations.
- Manage and be responsible for completing all responses to quotes, RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs requested by the sales team.
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Work closely with customer, vendor, operations, construction, and engineering departments on designing, crafting, and delivering the best possible solutions.
- Provide post-sale documentation necessary for project management and implementation of the designed solution.
- Utilize expertise in executing the above duties to recommend new products and improvements to company processes, products, and pricing based on customer requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends in the telecommunications industry and seek education and training as needed.
- Gain customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and 3+ years of experience in voice/data/video communications services and 3+ years of engineering/technical account management experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Upon job offer, must be able to pass a background check and drug test prior to starting employment.
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to pass a motor vehicle report check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Some travel required.
- Proficient in Google Earth or similar mapping/GIS program and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise solutions including but not limited to DWDM circuits, TDM services ranging from T1 to OCx, FTTx, Ethernet, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN architecture, WiFi Network Design, Direct Internet Access, Wi-Fi, and VoIP.
- Possess a consultative approach to providing solutions.
- Strong experience in developing long-term business relationships with key technical stakeholders in organizations.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, and sales skills.
Why Work at Bluepeak?
- Competitive Compensation + Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, Including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k)
- Generous Vacation and Paid Sick Time + Paid Holidays and Personal Days
- Professional Development With an Emphasis on Internal Promotion
- Employee Discounts on Bluepeak Services, Including Internet
- Progressive and inclusive work culture in which our team has the flexibility, support, and resources to be successful in their careers!
We believe that the size of the city shouldn’t determine the quality of the technology. That’s why we are building for you: Faster, more reliable, and without the things that get in the way of great service—like red tape, hidden fees, and slow response times. And with up to 5 gigabits of speed for residential customers and 10 gigabits for businesses, we are whole new ballgame- from internet to TV, to connecting every device in your home, to powering your business, we’re not only providing the best fiber connections in your community, but we’re also meeting the growing needs for how you live.
Bluepeak provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BusinessView all jobs at Bluepeak
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?