Architectural Senior Project Leader- License & 7+ Yrs Exp. Required
Blueline Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You’re on a mission. Fortunately, so are we. That’s right, Blueline is hiring! Our award-winning team of professional architects, construction managers, and interior designers would love to speak with you about joining our team. If you like to help clients flourish and grow, and you understand that it’s not really about the building, but it’s about what happens inside it after our job is done, then please check out the immediate opening in our Houston, TX office.
Background and Job Summary:
Blueline is an integrated project services firm providing strategic planning, architecture, interior design, and construction management. Blueline serves clients in the South, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and Midwest, with offices in Virginia and Texas. The Senior Project Leader manages day to day operations of the Client Service Team (CST).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
Essential Duties and Functions:
1. Assisting Client Service Leader (CSL) in preparing contracts and agreements with clients and consultants
2. Developing project work plans for review by CSL and Director of Design
3. Assign staff to projects as necessary to meet project milestones and maintain high utilization of team members
4. Depending on qualifications, training and experience provides services as part of Bluelines 3D process, particularly during the Discovery phase of services
5. Attend client meetings as required to monitor and ensure client expectations are being met
6. Review team financial performance and assist CSL in developing plans to for mitigating financial loss on troubled projects
7. Assist CSL in determining how much fee to bill in each cycle
8. Assist CSL and HR Manager with annual performance reviews and goal setting for team staff
9. Training of new team members with assistance of CSL
10. Schedule and supervise Quality Assurance Reviews for projects at critical milestones
11. Along with other members of the CST and Blueline Leadership Team, cultivate and build mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners
12. Other duties as assigned or required
Skills and Qualifications:
1. An architectural license with a minimum of seven years’ experience
2. Experience managing multiple projects
3. Experience managing teams of five to seven people
4. Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills, with the ability to complete projects on time with precision and attention to detail
5. Documented leadership on award-winning building projects
6. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
7. Effective communicator, both written and verbal
8. Initiative and professional drive
9. Highly ethical
10. Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
Education: Professional design degree
This position supervises the Project Leaders and Design Associates on the Client Service Team.
Client Service Teams will be regionally based.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 40-45 hours a week.
This position will involve frequent travel to client sites. Occasional travel to Blueline’s Virginia office will be necessary for training and planning.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
BluelineWhy Work Here?
We are confident that you will find Blueline to be a dynamic and rewarding place to work, where employees are our most valuable resource.
Blueline is a community-focused architecture firm with uncommonly high attention to quality design and client satisfaction. We understand that well-designed spaces contribute to the health and happiness of the people who work, live, and play in them. Our experienced team has a broad portfolio and provides comprehensive services in commercial and residential design, worship environments, master planning, project management, preservation, and sustainable design.
333 Cypress RunHouston, TX