Please complete pre-screening assessment for immediate consideration:
Senior Software Engineer (Data & Integrations)
Bluehawk Consulting is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to support multiple projects and multiple systems relating to our client’s Retail, Supply Chain and e-commerce business systems to provide high-performance, data-driven applications, integrations, and APIs. The Senior Software Engineer must exercise independent skill and judgment and collaborate in developing recommendations and solutions to business issues. The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with a diverse team of developers, quality assurance analysts, business analysts, project managers, and other colleagues throughout the company.
· Architect and develop applications and contribute to existing software solutions according to best practices and internal standards, both independently and in collaboration with other development or IT staff.
· Participate in requirements gathering and analysis for multiple project initiatives, often concurrently.
· Create functional diagrams, system interface diagrams, and technical design specifications as related to the business and project requirements.
· Communicate complex information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to technical and occasionally non-technical audiences.
· Provide estimates for development efforts at a high and granular level.
· Direct development team in day to day activities of developing and maintaining business systems.
· Train, mentor and develop personnel within the department.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
· 4+ years of development experience, most particularly in the area of API development and/or mid-tier systems integrations with Java.
· 4+ years of experience analyzing complex business requirements to determine appropriate architectural solutions.
· Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) are required, and comfort with an Agile environment is desirable.
· Solid experience working in a team environment with software versioning and release practices and tools (e.g. Git, unit testing, continuous integration via Bamboo/Jenkins, etc.) as well as familiarity with requirements tracking, bug tracking, and related systems (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, etc.) is required.
· Big plus for experience with Spring Boot, ETL, and/or solid Python experience.
· Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
· Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
· Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
· Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
· Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
· Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively IT and non-IT colleagues.
· Ability to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for extended periods of time.
· Ability to able to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks.
· Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
· Regular and predictable attendance.
· Available to meet the needs of the business, including on an on-call basis.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field preferred
For Consideration Please Complete the Following Candidate Pre-Screening Assessment:
Bluehawk Consulting is a Kirkland, Washington-based management consulting firm helping Fortune 500 clients improve their performance, increase their efficiency and enhance organizational value while reducing costs.
We are a team who love to accomplish great things together!
We excel at hiring talented people who are driven to create solutions for our client’s most challenging projects. We employ experienced management consultants with passion to deliver outcome, yet our approach includes hiring for attitude, while training for skill.
- Our diverse team, they make us great!
- Consultative, client-focused and interactive approaches
- Innovation, actualizing potential, and “can-do-ness”
- Learning, listening and communicating openly with respect
- Passion, energy, zeal - we have lots of it
- Humor, lightness, flexibility, humor and humor
We work hard to create a supportive environment, where employees enjoy a very competitive pay and benefits package, including an optional, full-benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, holidays and paid-time-off (PTO). Bluehawk also provides training opportunities and rewards leadership, diligence and the desire to achieve more. Bluehawk Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity.
If this sounds like a place you'd like to learn more about, visit us at www.bluehawkconsulting.com