Operations Manager - Chicago
- Expired: January 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. For us, that means ensuring our guests have the peace of mind, flexibility & confidence they need to explore life's latest adventure.
We've grown a lot since our founding in 2013, having raised more than $258m+ in funding, to dateand that's just the beginning. We're now hosting guests in more than 11,000 homes in 30 cities around the world (and growing!), with an aim to hit 50 cities by 2025.
Our vision comes to life through our ways of working. For our 1,100+ member team located across 16 countries, we've created a culture of collaboration, inclusiveness, and opportunity.
We believe our people should have the power to choose their preferred way to work. Depending on the role's requirements, team members can choose to work full time in one of our offices, work fully remote, or choose a hybrid model between the two.
We are driven by our core values. To our team, Time is our most important resource. Excellence isn't simply a standard, but an exciting way to look at life. We Care deeply about our guests and colleagues. Our relationships are built around Transparency, which builds trust and improves communication.
We're shaping the future of living, and we want you to be part of that journey.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our Chicago team. The Operations Manager position is one of the most impactful and essential roles at Blueground. As an Operations Manager, your primary focus will be the implementation, adaptation and continuous improvement of our business systems and processes in your city. You will be responsible for getting our new properties at a ready to move-in stage in a timely fashion, managing and training third-party contractors, 3pl companies and ensuring smooth operation across the team.
What you will focus on:
- Full operational set-up and maintenance coordination of Blueground properties (furnishing, supplies, services, etc) according to brand style and guidelines
- Work with the central design team on the implementation of large design initiatives
- Style and manage the photoshoots of the new apartments to ensure spaces look perfect based on Blueground's photoshoot guidelines
- Drive down operational costs and constantly improve processes, while upholding Blueground's quality standards
- Liaise, manage and negotiate with contractors, vendors and external business partners ensuring that our guests enjoy high standards of client experience
- Manage the city inventory of furniture, consumables, and linens, optimizing safety stocks and reporting furniture malfunctions to the Design and Supply Chain teams
- Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of guest experience services
- Manage timely data collection to update operational metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service
- Manage the team of Operations Associates (who will assist in the set up of the apartments), by leading their onboarding process and providing continuous feedback
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of progressive work experience preferably in the area of business operations or services in a start-up, SME or large corporation
- Bachelor's degree
- Results-oriented go-getter; great at multitasking and managing competing priorities
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Significant project management experience while working under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills put to use in a fast pace environment
- Fluent in Google Suite and MS Office; experience with inventory management systems is a plus
- Guest-centric mindset
- Team player and creative thinker
- Experience in hospitality or real estate is considered a plus
- Team management experience, optimally in field operations is considered a plus
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Health insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), along with complimentary access to OneMedical and Health Advocate
- 401k retirement plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
For more information on Blueground, visit us at www.theblueground.com. To keep up with Blueground news, follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram and Tik Tok!
BusinessView all jobs at Blueground
Get fresh Chicago jobs daily straight to your inbox!