The Soundings & Breakers Resort located on Cape Cod in Dennis Port is hiring a professional Housekeeping Manager who will be responsible for the entire scope and operations of the Housekeeping department to include: Overseeing rooms care, common areas and projects, contracted laundry, and housekeeping inventory.
Responsible for maintaining company benchmarks with relation to 5 critical areas of success: Associate Satisfaction, Guest/Customer Satisfaction, Quality Assurance, Financial Responsibility and On Time Reporting.
- Assist with the hiring and training of all Housekeeping personnel
- Assist in cleaning/inspecting rooms and common areas, as needed
- Verifying cleaning contractors’ quality of work
- Oversee and maintain inventory for entire Housekeeping Department
- Assist with compiling and reporting accurate status of guest rooms from both Maintenance and Contracted Vendor to Front Office prior to the 4PM check-in time and enforce policies and procedures to maintain Q/A standards at or above passing
- Ensure the satisfaction of all guests by implementing and maintaining proper Guest/Owner relation programs
- Prepare daily work schedule for Housekeeping staff and ensure that staff is developed and mentored for the success the company and employee morale
- Responsible for Common Area & Projects and frequent inspection of the projects and public areas to ensure up to the standard
- Responsible for preparing units for new construction and renovated units for occupancy
- Orchestrate all specialty cleaning needs (deep cleans and carpet cleaning)Ongoing working knowledge of the Budget, Budget Forecasting and explanations of any variances through assisting with annual budget and adhering to the final Board approved budget
- Responsible for the overseeing the quality and verifying correct weights are billed by the contracted laundry vendor.
- Approve all ordering of linen, housewares, and supplies.Responsible for initial training and ongoing training of the common area cleaners, carpet technicians, and internal runners.
- Ensure associates are following schedules as posted, clocking in/out for lunch breaks and avoiding any unnecessary or unapproved overtime.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of Management or Supervisory experience.
- Direct experience of leading a housekeeping department preferable in the timeshare industry.
- Full knowledge of budgeting and inventory controls.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with diverse groups of people and associates in all levels of management.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
Bluegreen Vacations Corporation, founded in 1966, is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, offering a portfolio of over 70 Bluegreen resorts in more than 40 popular destinations across the continental U.S. and the Caribbean. Our more than 5,000 associates are committed to not only providing the best vacation experiences possible, but also to leaving a positive impact on the communities in which we live and do business.
Named one of Achievers "50 Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S.", Bluegreen Vacations provides diverse career opportunities across the nation. In addition to competitive compensation, Bluegreen Vacations offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible associates. Our health and wellness benefits, retirement plan option with Company match and generous paid time off programs can assist you with your needs today, while helping you plan for tomorrow.
Apply today to join us in our purpose to “Share Happiness.”