IT Support Engineer
We are open to a remote employee if not located near the NYC or College Park, MD office.
BlueVoyant is seeking an IT engineer/administrator to help us enhance, manage and support our technology environment. We have a dynamic environment with smart people working to protect organizations of all sizes across multiple industries globally.
Qualifications for the IT engineer:
● Implementation, administration and end-user support of multiple enterprise SaaS productivity-related and security solutions such as GSuite, email security, Identity Management, collaboration solutions, etc.
● Experience with one or more of the following is a MUST: GSuite administration, Okta administration, Jamf Pro administration (app packaging, deployment, and maintenance including custom scripting)
● Knowledge of managing an IT service desk is important to help mature IT Service Desk delivery
● End-user support experience IS REQUIRED
● Experience in the deployment and support of video conferencing, corporate AV solutions is a strong plus
● Experience with IT asset lifecycle management is a strong plus
● Experience with mobile device management is a plus
● Experience in the use of JIRA/Confluence for tracking project tasks and creating documentation is desirable
● Experience with Windows / AD administration is a plus
● Program / project management skills are desirable
● Experience working under industry standard security / compliance frameworks is a plus
● BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or relevant experience
Not required for the role, but relevant qualifications also include:
● Scripting knowledge - Bash or Python (not required)
● Network / Security administration experience (firewalls, enterprise WiFi, routing, switching, ISPs)
● AWS / Google Cloud Platform ops administration highly desirable
What you will do as an IT engineer:
● Coordinate with head of corporate IT and CISO on implementation, deployment, and support of new and existing end-user solutions and security tools
● As part of the day-to-day responsibilities of a team responsible for operational support, must be motivated to address support tickets and enthusiastically provide end-user support to technical and non-technical, on-premise and remote individuals in all roles across the company including executives.
● Proactively implement solutions including technical fixes, support procedures, documentation, end-user training for infrastructure and end-user issues to minimize recurrence / reduce future support effort
● When necessary, conduct hygiene-related tasks on various cloud-based and on-premise technologies as part of ongoing maintenance
● Help to proactively define, document and own operational standards and procedures for various IT and Security solutions
● Interface with vendors as a point of contact / product owner - reporting, escalating, and providing closure on issues
Ideal candidates will:
● Be highly flexible, responsive, self-motivated, and proactive to thrive in our fast-paced, solution-driven environment
● Deliver solutions on tight schedules and under pressure
● Create solutions that are documented, maintainable, flexible and scalable
● Be a subject matter expert in multiple technologies in use
● Demonstrate a very high level of ownership for projects and products
● Be highly detail-oriented
● Have a proven ability to self-manage projects including documenting a project plan down to the task level, prioritization, tracking and updating tasks and activities, and communicating project status at a technical as well as a management level.
● Have experience in all levels of a project/product life cycle
● Manage implementations/deployments with a disciplined change management procedure
● Have experience with providing end-user training on the use of various technology solutions
● Proactively investigate solutions to newly encountered issues
● Be proactive in sharing knowledge and eager to contribute solutions to improve the operation of the environment
● Be eager to collaborate, learn from, and contribute as a member of the corporate IT and security teams, and across cross-discipline teams.
● Possess a strong desire to learn new technologies and take on new responsibilities and product ownership including operational support and vendor management for those products.
BlueVoyant is an expert-driven cybersecurity services company whose mission is to proactively defend organizations of all sizes against today’s constant, sophisticated attackers, and advanced threats.
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Powered by JazzHR