- This position is for a Telephony Engineer on the Service Center Engineering team.
- This technical position will be part of a voice transport team providing engineering, planning and support responsibilities for a global contact center solution supporting over 6,000 agents across multiple business units.
- Lead/contribute to the design, management and support of the transport infrastructure comprising of SIP carrier circuits, Cisco CUBE’s and Customer Edge Routers
- Assist in deploying performance, monitoring and alerting tools to ensure voice transport availability KPI’s are being met
- Maintaining voice transport documentation such as network designs diagrams, carrier circuit information and device configurations
- Escalation point for production support incidents and problems
- Work on voice transport problems of diverse scope and complexity
- Ensure that business requirements for high availability are being met by actively monitoring, executing on capacity planning needs, recommend/implement design changes and perform annual disaster recovery tests *Cross training team members
- Demonstrated ability to design, deploy, and troubleshoot a SIP based solution that supports VoIP applications
- Ability to resolve voice issues including the ability to understand system logs and coordinate problem resolution efforts with multiple resources (Vendors, Customers, IT)
- Firm understanding of Cisco hardware and configurations (CODEC’s, dial-peers, VLAN’s, BGP, etc.)
- Experience with deploying voice transport monitoring and reporting tools (e.g. call allocators, SPLUNK, CYARA, carrier specific monitoring and reporting tools) * Knowledge of advanced voice call routing and carrier features (e.g. SS7, 911 emergency call routing, etc.)
- 7+ years of voice transport experience in implementing advanced voice solutions using SIP and Cisco based network hardware and configurations Experience in designing and implementing complex voice components and services
- Familiarity with IP telephony and IP contact center solutions including Cisco’s UCCE, CUCM and predictive dialers and how these systems integrate in an enterprise contact center solution
- Demonstrates initiative, ability to work independently and with a strong sense of system ownership, ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing with sensitivity to the audience and content; Collaboration skills and attention to detail
- Previous carrier experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
BlueStone Staffing Solutions