BluePrint Engines Kearney, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Job Description
This position is responsible for supervising our CNC department where we machine cast-iron engine blocks. CNC Supervisor must be a self-starter and good at problem-solving. Will be responsible for all aspects of operations in the CNC department including machine operation, equipment uptime, and production scheduling of a growing department of 500-630 MM horizontal milling centers.
The qualified candidate must have the ability to work well with and train workers on the correct setup and operation of a computer numerical controlled (CNC) horizontal milling center. This position will lead the daily manufacturing operations and work closely with internal and outside technical support as needed to maximize machine utilization.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage labor, maintenance, and tooling expenses for CNC department operations
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Documenting and Improving department quality metrics like scrap and rework reduction
- Maximizes machine utilization, department output, and labor efficiency
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs and being available to support technical issues across multiple shifts.
NECESSARY SKILL SET:
- 5 years of CNC machine operation and set up experience
- Department Leadership capability with a strong focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Understanding of machine balancing to maximize machine and labor utilization
- Be familiar with and competent with Fanuc controls.
- Familiarity with CNC programming including G-codes.
- Recognizes risky operations and applies the appropriate level of attention to prevent accidents, scrap, and rework
- Able to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of appropriate speeds and feeds of common materials.
- Budget Management.
- Adjust feeds and speeds to optimize programs and maximize production.
- 5 years of experience machining, programming, and troubleshooting CNC equipment
- 5 years of 4 axis machining
- 3 years of experience leading a department or machine shop
- Experience with large-scale machines
This is a full-time position. Working hours are 6:00 am to 4:30 pm CST, Monday through Friday, and weekend overtime as scheduled
$25.00 - $30.00 per hour/based on experience.
Benefits include: Paid vacation and holidays; 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan; Health, Life and Dental Insurance; Cafeteria Flexible Benefits Plan; Employee Discount
BluePrint Engines provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- 7 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the Employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.