BluePearl's Reno location is hiring a talented Veterinary Technician Manager. Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have leadership experience or potential? Do you enjoy motivating and training others? Are you passionate about providing remarkable care for pets?
Then we want to hear from you!
The Veterinary Technician Manager oversees all Veterinary Technicians and Assistants in a hospital or department and facilitates the delivery of remarkable care for pets. The role is responsible for all day-to-day matters impacting Technicians/Assistants including scheduling, performance management, hiring and training along with oversight of quality of nursing care. Veterinary Technician Managers occasionally work alongside their supervised staff to provide nursing care for pets.
A Veterinary Technician Manager:
- Demonstrates highly advanced proficiency as a Veterinary Technician within their appropriate department and maintains all related skills and knowledge.
- Creates effective working relationships with hospital leadership to ensure standards of care are understood, effectively communicated, and delivered upon.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert and resource to Technicians and Assistants regarding daily operations, patient care, and skill development.
- Serves as a mentor to staff by demonstrating positive work habits, effective clinical skills and business knowledge.
- Identifies conflicts in the workplace and seeks assistance in resolution in order to create effective working relationships.
- Coaches staff to create a culture of strong performance and high productivity.
- Clearly communicates with team members to ensure consistent understanding of new ideas, changes in protocol, policies, and impending changes.
- Builds positive relationships across the hospital and administration to facilitate an environment of team work.
- Implements process improvement initiatives.
- Works with the Technician Training Manager to schedule ongoing training.
- Documents performance-related issues, assesses team members during annual review, and provides hospital leadership with recommendations related to performance management and discipline.
- Must be a licensed Veterinary Technician
- 4 years of job-specific experience plus a minimum of one year in a Lead/Supervisory role preferred
- Background in business or management from education or work experience strongly preferred
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training.
- Health, vision, dental, pet, and life insurance benefit packages.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Referral Bonus Program.
- Associate discounts.
Job: **Hospital Support*
Title: Veterinary Technician Manager
Location: Nevada-Reno-150081 Reno Nv
Requisition ID: 150006OE