Seattle Veterinary Specialists (SVS), a BluePearl Partnerin Kirkland WA is now hiring for an energetic, passionate, and driven Veterinary Assistant to join our surgical team.
- Do you work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment?
- Would your peers describe you as patient, respectful, and compassionate?
- Are you eager to make a difference for animals and provide premier patient care?
As a BluePearl Veterinary Assistant:
- You compassionately, calmly and gently approach and handle our patients according to safety protocols and our core values.
- You are able to identify abnormal pathology.
- You can perform effective oral nerve blocks in preparation for advanced procedures as directed by a Veterinarian.
- You have an ability to identify common heart dysrhythmias.
- You understand our hospital estimates and can clearly present and explain them to our clients.
- You can conduct manual intermittent positive pressure ventilation (with Ambubag or anesthesia reservoir bag).
- You have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
- You have patience and empathy to address client concerns.
- You will educate clients in the areas of dental health and appropriate dental home care for our patients.
- You prepare medications and our patients/clients for discharge with concise directions for our clients.
- Holds a current certification
- Has a High School Diploma/GED.
- Has at least two years of experience working as a Vet Assistant or has graduated from an accredited veterinary technician program
- Health, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance packages.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training to continue to learn and grow.
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Referral bonus program.
- Associate discounts.
- Member of Mars Petcare Family.
Job: **Hospital Support*
Title: Veterinary Assistant - Surgery
Location: Washington-Kirkland-150037 Kirkland Wa
Requisition ID: 150006DA