Senior Healthcare IT Consultant/ Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
BlueNovo is a premier national provider of healthcare technology services. As an industry leader in advisory, evaluation, implementation, optimization, and technical consulting services for healthcare organizations, BlueNovo partners with our clients to deploy breakthrough solutions that enhance the operational quality, efficacy and effectiveness of patient-centered care.
BlueNovo is currently looking for a Senior Consultant/ Project Manager to join our Healthcare Technology Practice. The Senior Consultant/Project Manager is viewed by the client as a trusted advisor for advice and thought leadership on a regular basis. They are also seen as a strong value contributor and must be adept at identifying customer problems and applying their expertise to solve these problems. This individual will also be required to spearhead and lead multiple roles as project manager, team leader, and business development specialist all while taking a hands-on approach to our implementation, support, and delivery of client-specific software and solutions. PMP CERTIFICATION PREFERRED & PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Healthcare Industry experience preferred.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Evaluation of existing business processes, technologies, and EMR solutions to develop and recommend healthcare IT strategy and approaches.
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions and solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility.
- Architects and executes work/project plans based on engagement requirements and ensures timely delivery of client contracted materials.
- Lead large-scale healthcare technology engagements with high degree of success (including healthcare technology assessments, EHR implementations and optimization projects, and IT infrastructure remediation projects).
- Serve as a client-facing project manager, leading BlueNovo, client, and vendor teams to achieve project goals on-time and under-budget while managing key vendor relationships and tracking and mitigating risks.
- Interacts with senior management levels and C-Suite executives at a client and/or within BlueNovo.
- Work with BlueNovo Professional services team to capture project requirements and scope. This involves visiting customer sites to conduct detailed requirements analysis and provide advice on optimum solution approach.
- Assist clients in assessing functional, business and technical requirements involving IT & Health IT associated areas including report development and analytics, population health tools, electronic health records, interface and integration technologies, etc.
- Support BlueNovo business development team and efforts in customer engagements during the pre-sales cycle to help advice and influence the customer on options for solving their business needs.
- Manage teams (project specific or otherwise) within client(s) and/or BlueNovo.
- This role requires a broad knowledge of the healthcare industry, healthcare technologies and a personal interest in new and emerging healthcare technologies.
- Ability to understand customer’s business challenges and opportunities, operational constraints as well as the functional requirements of all healthcare stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise in business process analysis and functional requirements gathering.
- Project and program management experience.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Willingness to travel (depends on client engagement).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 5 years of practical experience in a healthcare-related field.
- 2+ year experience implementing, optimizing, or supporting electronic health record systems and associated systems.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in managing projects and teams (particular experience in IT systems implementations is a plus).
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Center’s (FQHCs) or Healthcare setting is a plus.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
· Must be able to manage and mentor internal project and client teams.
· Must be able to serve as senior project manager for IT & Health IT engagements.
· Must have Health IT project experience (preferably with EHRs).
· Must be entrepreneurial, hungry, and interested in playing a critical (and long-term) role in company’s growth.
· Must be executive-ready and capable of holding 1-1 conversations with client C-suite.
· Must be a team player, willing to work closely with Practice Leads on a daily basis.
· Must be agile, capable of managing several simultaneous engagements and shifting priorities quickly.
· Must be advanced with MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Project).
· Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for working within any team.
· Strong professional presence.
· Exceptional critical thinking skills and creativity in problem solving.
· Results-Oriented and detail-oriented.
· An overarching focus on ethics and desire to uphold the best-interest of the client in every situation.
· Competitive salary and bonus plans
· Generous paid holidays, time off
· Full package of benefits
· Company matched 401K
· Potential for flexible working arrangements
Please note that BlueNovo requires completion of a comprehensive background check.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Willingness to travel is required (depends on client engagement and will be on an as needed basis).
AddressSilver Spring, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?