- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, unions, political campaigns, international groups, and companies. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach-- serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
The BlueLabs Civic Technology practice revolutionizes the way government agencies use data to streamline operations, interact with citizens, and react to their biggest challenges. Our team develops deep expertise within the areas our clients care about most, then builds data analytics systems that create impact at scale. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
You will work on a fast-paced, impact-driven project team charged with intelligently improving the operations powering the policies and programs that hundreds of millions of Americans interact with on a daily basis. Our work builds the frameworks and infrastructure that allows agencies to deal with big public health challenges. We bring definition to challenging problems, creatively identify data sources, then design analytics that accurately measure impact and move the needle every day. We work in changing, ambiguous environments, so we embrace nuance, inclusivity, and complexity to deliver programs that work for the diverse groups of individuals who rely on us.
About the Role:
You will join an engineering team as a leader and will architect, develop, build, deploy, and support the infrastructure used by the analysts and data scientists for our engagements across the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). You will work closely with the data scientists and analysts who are creating interactive dashboards to help CMS monitor and improve operations.
What You’ll Do:
- In collaboration with data scientists, analysts, engineers and project managers you will build, test, deploy, and support applications and data pipelines in support of the team’s projects.
- Along with program managers, you will prioritize feature development, delivery, patches and ad hoc reports, coordinating the work of other engineers and meeting the client/project requirements.
- Using monitoring tools (primarily Splunk, New Relic, VictorOps, CloudWatch), you will create alerting mechanisms that give you oversight of applications’ status and behavior then develop and execute viable responses to solve problems.
- You will be the engineering lead for our data teams developing dashboards, architecting and supporting implementing maintainable, secure, and efficient interfaces in React; you will review code written by team members and provide coachable feedback in line with best practices and client objectives.
- You will manage support tickets, including user accessibility items, to ensure requests are addressed timely and communicated to all stakeholders.
- As a lead, you will coach, support, and develop engineering team members.
What We Are Seeking:
- Minimum two (2) years of software engineering experience
- Strong experience with Python including pandas and flask.
- Strong git skills, including the ability to resolve conflicts, review changes, and merge branches, and some knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with React including hooks, redux, and node requests.
- Experience developing and deploying applications with frontend and backend components
- Comfort working collaboratively with analysts and data scientists across multiple teams as a technical resources
- Project management experience including working with Jira
- Leadership competencies in the following: empathy, active listening, coaching/feedback, integrity, decisiveness, and problem solving
- In order to be qualified for this position you must currently have or be able to obtain and maintain a Federal Public Trust security clearance, which requires either US Citizenship or three (3) of five (5) years of US residency
You may have:
- SQL skills
- Knowledge of or experience with data visualization or data engineering
- Demonstrated interest in using data and technology to advance social good in areas like health, education or civic engagement
- Dedication to expanding your skills every day
- Passion for data, visualization, analytics or just plain problem solving
What We Offer:
BlueLabs offers a friendly, collaborative, and inclusive work environment along with a competitive benefits package including:
- premier health insurance plan
- 401(k) matching
- unlimited vacation
- 14+ weeks paid parental leave
- professional development & learning stipend
- flexible working hours
- telecommuting options
- pre-tax transportation options
The hire range for this position is $120,000 - $130,000 annually.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, he or she should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify.
EngineeringView all jobs at BlueLabs