Coos Bay, OR
1. General job duties.
*Performs various laboratory procedures utilizing automated equipment, microscopes, manual procedures, and use of the computer terminal
*Prepares reagents and specimens for processing
*Performs all clinical laboratory tests (may include Microbiology and/or Blood Bank testing)
*Utilizes a computer as part of the LIS/HIS and/or analyzer software
*Evaluates quality control results
*Follows up and documents actions relating to abnormal panic results
*Prepares specimens for send-outs
*Consults with other lab staff and healthcare personnel on test results, specimen requirements
and testing protocols
*Minimal patient contact (collect bleeding times).
*Collects, receives, and/or processes urine and other body fluid specimens
*Performs clerical functions as necessary
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. :Analyzers, PC, microscopes, centrifuges, pipettors
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Five years' experience preferred
Experience with Blood banking, including antibody identification is preferred.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required
Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science OR Associates of Science as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Registry as MT, MLS, or MLT with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent (i.e., certified in California, AMT with Human Health Service HEW & NCA) preferred
5. Shift or schedule requirements.
Every other weekend, typically won't ever work alone, Days/evenings
9. Dress Code: Business casual, Lab coat will be provided, No blue jeans or open toed shoes