- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you have a passion for growth, can be adaptable while on the job, and overall innovative Blue Water Development wants YOU! At Blue Water, we create an environment where our employees are engaged, empowered, and challenged to put the guest experience first. Blue Water Development Corporation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and makes employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State, and local laws providing for equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
Position Summary: As a highly visible member of the property’s Leadership Team, the Operations Manager serves as a key liaison for hotel guests and functions as a right hand to the General Manager, while concurrently supporting Front Office operations and other operating departments such as Housekeeping/Laundry. They will serve as a role model for Blue Water Hospitality’s mission, vision, and values, and will work in a hands-on capacity to maximize the overall efficiency and profitability of the hotel.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform and assign the essential functions outlined below.
- Operational Management:
- Monitor and evaluate all department daily activities to ensure the successful operation of hotel facilities, services, and amenities.
- Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines, and objectives.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact, including pre-arrival, check-in/check-out, transportation, housekeeping, laundry, banquets, conference services, and maintenance.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventory reconciliation to ensure proper supply levels.
- Acts as a knowledgeable resource in property operational software such as Property Management systems, reservations or booking channels, maintenance or internal communication systems, social media, and marketing tools
- Regularly intervenes, assists, and documents guest or employee incidents
- Maintain the integrity of the hotel’s compliance with the company’s safety and security program and ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures, and guidelines.
- People Management:
- Partner with GM to create a positive work environment; Serve as a support resource for front-line staff in all departments.
- Provides comprehensive scheduling and manages time-keeping for all related staff and departments.
- Support all aspects of people leadership: recruitment, retention, training, coaching, and performance development.
- Drive effective communication across all departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness, and understanding of objectives and priorities.
- Sales & Marketing Management:
- Participates in weekly revenue management and marketing strategies
- Regularly updates property management system regarding inventory, rates, and availability
- Budget Management
- Regularly assists General Manager or related resource in budget analysis, monitoring, expense management
- Analyze and evaluate hotel performance by compiling statistics such as occupancy and labor reports and guest satisfaction index
- Approve and process vendor invoices, complete bank deposits, audit cash banks, and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Provides regular and reliable attendance
- Independent self-starter
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment
- Competitive with a strong desire to win
- Effectively communicates to a variety of audiences and ability to tailor communication appropriately
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Effective use of computer software, sales tracking software or CRM tools, and social media tools
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous hotel operations and leadership experience of a large staff and focus on exceptional guest service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or another related field is preferred
- Appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies to 20 pounds. Travel required 30-50% within region.
Blue Water Hospitality Group, LLC
AddressCape Charles, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Blue Water Hospitality Group, LLC