- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Activities Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the job duties preformed by recreation staff on a day-to-day basis. Implements activities that are stimulating and engaging for our participants to meet individual care plan outcomes; including but not limited to inter-generational, music, arts, modified sports/exercise, and technology.
Essential Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in planning, organizing, evaluating and promoting the Department's programs and services
- Help prepare the Department's annual budget, maintain records and prepare reports for those activities to which assigned
- Create, implement, and evaluate social, recreational and educational programs
- Produce a monthly activities calendar and newsletter to be followed by the team, and shared with participants and their caregivers
- Develop, manage and report on the recreation and activity budget monthly
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Conduct assessments for all new participants
- Responsible in leading teams throughout the execution of projects, activities and excursions
- Responsible for facilitating all aspects of an activity program, from planning of product and business development projects, up to production, launching and post-launch evaluation
- Coach, counsel, recruit, train, and discipline employees
- Supervising and directing staff with any activities or events
- Ensures the property is clean, orderly, well manicured and guest ready at all times
Performs other duties as assigned
Provides regular and reliable attendance
- High school diploma or actively enrolled to achieve degree
- Bachelor's degree or above in a relevant discipline (preferred)
- 3-5 years work experience in recreation/ activities
- Must possess the ability to interact professionally and effectively within a teamwork oriented setting, with staff, supervisors and participants
- Must be proficient with standard technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Develop cohorts of individuals to participate in full community inclusion that have similar interests, desires and capabilities
- Create a community activity and integration program based upon the needs, preferences, and abilities of residents
- Ability to create, plan and manage activities effectively
- Extremely Energetic, approachable and fit
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member frequently is required to walk, and occasionally hike, or engage in other outdoor activities with guests. The associate will also be involved in some pool activities, where he or she would need to know how to swim, or balance themselves in the pool. The associate will regularly lift boxes of supplies weighing up to 50 pounds between locations and occasionally lift/move up or over 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
Blue Water Hospitality is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to make employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing for equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
Blue Water Hospitality Group, LLC
AddressNatural Bridge Station, VA
EducationView all jobs at Blue Water Hospitality Group, LLC