BlueSun Inc is accepting resumes for a temporary, full-time Public Service Representative 3 position at the Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs in Portland, OR
Job Duties: (but not limited to)
· Professional level customer service skills – greeting the public in-person and by telephone, taking messages, routing phone calls.
· Skill in gathering information regarding laws, rules, policies, procedures, or services and explaining them to the public (in person, in writing, or on the telephone).
· Skill in using policy and procedures manuals, handbooks or specialized reference materials for answering questions.
· Skill in learning technical data in order to explain it to others.
· Skill in making independent judgments and decisions concerning a course of action to be taken.
· Skill in typing (proficient).
· Ability to learn specific agency programs or operations affecting assigned work.
· Ability to recognize issues or situations that could have adverse impact on the agency.
· Ability to deal with the public, who at times may be angry or hostile, in a positive and accurate manner with patience and courtesy.
· Ability to prioritize work and maintain an adequate work flow under pressure.
· Skill in operating computer terminal, multi-line telephone system, fax machine, printer/copier.
· Basic knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and sentence structure.
· Basic knowledge of arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage).
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook calendaring system
· Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
Work hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday -Friday. Work is in the secure Federal Building. Parking is not provided.
Must be able to pass a fingerprint-based criminal history background check and a federal background investigation to work in the Federal Building and to have access to secure documents
MUST have Receptionist experience for consideration.
Veterans and People with Disability will receive preferential status
Please submit your resume to BlueSun Inc for consideration