BlueSun Inc. is accepting resumes for a temporary Medical Assistant position at Oregon State University.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and other pre-employment screening.
Job Duties: (but not limited to)
CLINICAL - Must have these skills
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality in patient care.
- Maintains, at all times, a proper professional relationship with patients.
- Facilitates collection and documentation of all necessary information required for patient visits. Assures necessary patient care information is processed and forwarded in a timely manner.
- Takes vital signs including visual acuity, height, weight, oxygen saturation and peak expiratory flow readings as needed for patients in preparation for exam as needed or at the direction of the nursing or clinician staff, and documents in the medical record.
- May perform injections under direct supervision of provider.
- Observes and reports changes in patient’s conditions to clinician or nurse.
- May assist clinician during procedure by preparing room, positioning patient, draping patient, providing requested equipment to clinician, and/or providing emotional support to patient when appropriate.
- After procedure, cleans and prepares room for next patient, including washing and sterilizing instruments or sends to lab for sterilization.
- Cleans and prepares observation room for patient care as needed.
- Performs electrocardiograms when ordered by clinician.
- Triages patient to medical staff for immediate examination or treatment as needed.
- Directs and adjusts patient flow for maximum clinic efficiency.
- Takes inventory of supplies, equipment, and instruments; requisitions supplies through unit supervisor.
- Participates in restocking and maintaining cleanliness of work areas.
- Answers phones and responds to nonmedical questions;
- Runs errands such as delivering specimens to labs, sending faxes, etc.
- Assists in patient transport when necessary on arrival and departure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA regulations, soaks, washes and cleans medical instruments used in clinician offices according to protocol.
- Participates in and supports ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Periodically assumes additional responsibilities and performs other duties as may be delegated by Associate Director, Nursing Services.
- Attends department meetings and remains current on clinic/department policies and procedures. Participates on committees.
- Cross-trains in each area so that he/she can function independently in each area.
- Participates in orientation of new employees as necessary.
- Checks electronic medical record each a.m. for clinician and nursing schedules, available appointment times, etc.
- Checks nursing schedule
- Makes follow-up phone calls
- Assists the nurses as needed.
- Serves all students with respect, dignity and courtesy.
- Cooperates and communicates with peers and with other sections within the Student Health Services and Oregon State University.
- Recognizes an ongoing responsibility to work for continuing improvement in the overall function of the work unit.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working hours in response to Student Health Services needs.
- Maintains CPR certification
- Participates in Student Health Services and Oregon State University staff development activities.
- Evaluates own professional development and the effectiveness of care. Improves the quality of care through continuing education.
- Attends CME or seminars which may be recommended by supervisor.
- Shares information obtained at workshops with peers.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 /hour