Senior Accountant (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
We currently have a great opportunity for a Sr. Accountant. This position will have an active role in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process and will be integral to achieving clean audits.
- Prepare and post Journal Entries in Great Plains (income statement, balance sheet)
- Perform timely general ledger account reconciliations and analyses
- Ensure that all assigned balance sheet accounts are updated on a timely basis
- Work closely with top vendors to ensure balances and accruals are reconciled
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Prepare and analyze capital expenditures and schedules
- Ensure Compliance with GAAP Principles
- Analyze financial information and prepare variance analysis to budget and prior year
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Identify and propose improvements to processes that will improve efficiency and spending
- Assist preparing schedules during external audits
- Assist with special projects and analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting
- Public Accounting experience is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience working with Intercompany transactions, inventory, and capital assets
- Microsoft Excel (intermediate)
- Strong work ethic and detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately is critical
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Confident working independently and using initiative to guide through challenges
- Accountable – Take ownership and commit to get it right, the first time.
- Inclusive – Able to work in a collaborative style that highlights strengths, pushes you to reach your highest potential, and ensures an enjoyable and rewarding experience for all.
- Innovative – Be resourceful, creative, hungry, humble, and smart to develop world class products, services, and solutions.
- Respectful – Hold every assignment with regard for our customers and each other.
- Integrous – Be open, honest, and transparent with yourself, coworkers, customers, and stakeholders in every action.
- Diverse - Embrace unique thought processes to assist in making well-rounded decisions that ultimately benefits our team and our customers.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and focus
Why Join the Blue Stream Team?
Blue Stream Fiber has been in business for over 40 years, servicing Florida with amazing Internet, TV, and Phone products. We have invested millions of dollars building fiber in the communities we serve to deliver an innovative array of products and services, including fiber-to-the-home infrastructure, symmetrical internet speeds, whole-home managed Wi-Fi, and TiVo Android Set-Top boxes with Google Assistant, among other industry-leading technology. As our company grows throughout the state, our support staff needs to grow and evolve, and that is exactly why we need you. At Blue Stream Fiber we take a customized approach to ensure our customers are at the center of every decision we make, all the while developing each of our team member’s strengths and experiences.
We take our role as trusted industry experts very seriously. We provide communities and our neighbors with reliable fiber infrastructure to offer world-class internet, TV and phone products and services that enrich lives, while providing a personalized customer experience from a local team that cares. We are a united team that operates following a clear set of core values that guide us in our everyday actions.
Blue Stream Fiber
AddressFernandina Beach, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Blue Stream Fiber
Get fresh Exempt Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.