- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Capacity Planner
Reports To: Director, Network Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Capacity Planner is responsible for performing technical work of analyzing, recommending, ordering, coordinating, and maintaining network infrastructure, including Dark and Lit services across our network core. Provides support for the Network Engineering Director. Contributes to and completes projects as part of the Engineering team.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Evaluate performance and prepare plans for capacity improvements procedures and provide comprehensive support for same.
- Coordinate with various departments and perform all capacity planning activities in support.
- Analyze capacity planning and provide appropriate recommendation for same.
- Perform analysis on all development plans for production and ensure compliance to all customer demands per facility.
- Prepare performance models and plan capacity effectively.
- Design and schedule all weekly production and ensure effective implementation of schedule.
- Manage and maintain all system parameters for production schedule and monitor for effectiveness.
- Coordinate with all various teams and perform all connectivity assessment activities.
- Design and maintain all performance capacity reports and statistics for management.
- Provide assistance with design of systems and forecast resource capacity requirements.
- Develop various new functions and capacity processes and modify existing ones.
- Manage all key system metrics and provide support to all ad hoc reports and dashboards.
- Analyze processes and identify process improvement enhancement.
- Ensure compliance to all guidelines and ensure optimal utilization of all resources.
- Ability to make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of successful experience, preferably within the telecommunications, where you have successfully managed prepare plans for capacity improvements procedures.
- General understanding of fiber and community builds.
- Customer centric mentality with the ability to seek out solutions and execute them to completion.
- Presents very organized and structured thinking for planning and execution purposes.
- Enthusiastic approach to business, professional attitude, and highly proactive approach.
- Ability to identify and implement solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent time management, negotiation, goal setting, prospecting, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong and effective communication skills both orally and written.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) and/or a minimum of three years of related experience.
- Microsoft software experience including Power Point, Internet, e-mail, and database software as required.
- Project Management experience a plus
- Accountable – Take ownership and commit to get it right, the first time.
- Inclusive – Able to work in a collaborative style that highlights strengths, pushes you to reach your highest potential, and ensures an enjoyable and rewarding experience for all.
- Innovative – Be resourceful, creative, hungry, humble, and smart to develop world class products, services, and solutions.
- Respectful – Hold every assignment with regard for our customers and each other.
- Integrity – Be open, honest, and transparent with yourself, coworkers, customers, and stakeholders in every action.
- Diverse - Embrace unique thought processes to assist in making well-rounded decisions that ultimately benefits our team and our customers.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and focus
Why Join the Blue Stream Team?
A career with Blue Stream means joining a team committed to provide great products and services to our customers. As trusted industry experts we will bring reliable fiber infrastructure to homes and businesses throughout Florida. This will allow us to offer world-class internet, TV and phone services that enrich lives through the most trusted products and high-touch customer experience.
Our vision is to be the favorite internet, TV and phone provider keeping all of Florida connected and entertained.
As we continue to grow, our company becomes even more people and customer focused. This philosophy is what we believe allows us to become a leader in the industry. Employees here are given the chance to cultivate skills and are encouraged to create a career path that utilizes their talent to optimum potential. Blue Stream is populated by a multicultural network of people, lending a wide range of experience, and offering boundless opportunities.
Blue Stream Fiber
AddressCoral Springs, FL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Blue Stream Fiber