Our Client, a Native American Tribe in the Great Plains Region (Flandreau, SD), has an immediate need for a highly accomplished and skilled Health Clinic Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The primary job obligation of the Health Clinic CEO is the supervision and management of the Health facility and staff. The CEO must be aware of every single activity that takes place in the facility and the staff. The CEO must supervise every area of the facility to ensure tasks are carried out in the most efficient and least hazardous fashion and ensure each member of each department standards are set forth and are being upheld. The CEO will assist in the transition of the Health Clinic to a for-profit status clinic and have other experience with federal assistance programs for tribal health clinics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Devising strategies and plans for the Health Clinic according to FSST, state and federal standards for excellent service and growth; Assuming responsibility of budgeting and resourcing; Planning and overseeing all patient care or administrative operations and programs Job brief; Organize and oversee people and programs of our clinical department. You will be responsible for supervising and directing everything from employees and budgets to technology and operations.
- Must possess excellent management and mentoring skills. You must be an outstanding communicator able to resolve conflicts and issues. If you also have a deep respect for policies and ethics and can inspire that in others, you are ideal for the role; Ensure the smooth running of the Health Clinic goal to maximum performance responsibilities; Devise strategies and plans for the Health Clinic according to FSST, state and federal standards for excellent service and growth; Assume responsibility of budgeting and resourcing.
- Take the lead responsibility in the transition of the Health Clinic to a “for profit” status. Direct and oversee planning efforts to create a long-term vision and goals for the department. Ensure that new and sustained activities are consistent with overall Tribal/community needs, values and strategic vision for the Health Services Department. Identify funding sources and develop positive working relationships with individuals, agencies and organizations that may contribute to the accomplishment of department goals. Direct and oversee planning efforts to create a long-term vision and goals for the department. Oversee contract and grant writing proposals to procure special project and program funding.
- Plan and oversee all patient care or administrative operations and programs; Recruit employees to ensure department is staffed with qualified personnel; Assign cases and create schedules for all employees; Coordinate and supervise staff providing constructive feedback; Provide personnel with clinical training and opportunities for continuous development; Evaluate performance and discipline employees when necessary; Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION:
- M. S. Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field with three (3) years' experience. Medical Administration or BS in Public Health, Business Administration or related field with five (5) years' experience.
- Proven experience as Health Clinic CEO or other managerial positions; experience in clinical supervision and program management; solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing, and performance evaluation procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO) and regulations for the clinical field; proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software); excellent communication and people skills and exceptional organizational and leadership skills, and aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts