Healthcare Clinic Operations Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: Tribal Healthcare Services Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Compensation: $74,059 minimum base salary; plus, business development incentive. Compensation above the minimum salary will be based on experience.
The Healthcare Clinic Operations Specialist has the primary responsibility of advising clients on the development, oversight and management of Tribal healthcare clinic operations and services for Blue Stone Strategy Partners. The main focus of the position is to develop Tribal healthcare operational service strategies and structure to improve productivity, efficiencies, and revenue optimization for clients.Core Duties & Responsibilities:
The Healthcare Clinic Operations Specialist will be involved in a variety of tasks in all areas of Blue Stone's business activities. These tasks will generally be categorized in the following areas:
- Advise on the promotion of Tribal healthcare service opportunities, analyzation of Tribal healthcare delivery effectiveness, operations and administrative efficiencies with the goal to generate revenue, and improve patient experiences and develop integrated care approaches.
- Provide advisory services to Tribal health programs in the areas of revenue cycle management, practice management, integrated clinical care, interagency partnerships, process re-engineering, and integration with IHS.
- Work with Tribal clinic clients and healthcare staff to identify gaps in services and potential solutions on how to bridge those gaps.
- Assist with planning, managing, implementing and evaluating strategies and initiatives aligned with revenue generation with Tribal healthcare leadership engagement strategies.
- Advise on the oversight the delivery of health and human services to Tribal Members.
- Provide advice and guidance on how to best maximize PRC resources.
- Advise on the negotiation of contracts and services.
- Ensure compliance with all Tribal, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Assist with any audit requirements and documentation.
- Provide advice and guidance on best practices for billing and collection efforts, and overall finances of the contracted organization, ensuring that budget is maintained.
- Provide leadership and resources for PL 93-638 transition efforts to ensure client success.
- Develop relationships with Tribal healthcare businesses, and Tribal community partners.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information, quantitative reasoning; demonstrates exceptional attention to detail;
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner, contributes to insight and team problem solving;
- Communicates changes and progress;
- Tracks project team activities;
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Written Communication - Writes clearly, accurately and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Time Management - self-driven efficient use of time; flexibility to prioritize based on project/client/team needs
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Strong communication skills and wiliness to provide responsive support;
- Respect for Tribal governance and an understanding of Tribal government structures or a desire to learn the uniqueness of Tribal operations and communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast learner, hard-working, and have strong administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written skills including high-level of proficiency of MS Word report formatting, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of Google applications such as Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Ability to transfer and format documents between Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Ability to work independently and also in a team setting, with the ability to self-manage time and ensure deadlines are met with efficiency and high quality
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of project management and time allocation to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Interest in strategic planning, economic development, governance, workforce development or other key area of Blue Stone's service offerings
- Cultural awareness and respect for Native American, Hawaiian Native, and Alaskan Native Tribes
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or equivalent experience required; Master's Degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in Tribal Healthcare Operations/Administration; previous experience as a Tribal Health Operations Director preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours and workload may vary based on the project, occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Travel is required and may be up to 30% of work time. Travel will occur on an as needed basis based on client and business demands. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, occasionally required to stand and walk.
Job descriptions are used primarily to assist in the identification of the core duties and responsibilities of a position and to be used in determining the level of compensation for the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be added or removed at the description of the company.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Blue Stone Strategy Partners
Get fresh Healthcare Technology Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.