Senior QA Analyst
- $50 to $55 Hourly
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Hybrid) office 1-2 days/week
Rate: $50 - $55/hr
Contract Term: 6 months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2
Client is looking for a candidate with a strong background testing:
· MS SQL
· Oracle PL/SQL
Senior QA Analyst
The SQA Analyst will be responsible for developing, executing and maintaining test cases. The analyst works closely with the QA team and development teams clearly communicating status and blockers. This position will have the overall accountability and responsibility to plan and execute tests to deliver projects in the portfolio successfully.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Participate in Agile ceremonies for projects
· Review and refine User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
· Participate in Design review sessions to gather appropriate information for testing
· Provide inputs to create test plans for assigned projects
· Collaborate with agile team and create test scenarios for assigned projects
· Create and execute test cases
· Run automated scripts, maintaining and developing scripts as available
· Review test cases with Project stakeholders
· Identify risks(if any) during test planning and escalate to QA Lead
· Provide inputs for daily/weekly reports during test execution
· Ensure test execution progress is on track to meet milestones
· Identify risks(if any) during test execution and escalate to QA Lead
· Provide inputs to Test Results document
· Review Test Results document with QA Lead
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering, or equivalent education and experience.
· 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance testing.
· Experience creating test plans and test cases or scenarios.
· Document software defects using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
· Proven knowledge of different phases of the SDLC, Project and Testing Methodologies
· Experience with agile and waterfall approaches required.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to quickly adapt to change.
Required Technical Skills
· Develop complex SQL scripts that validate business requirements and source to target mapping.
· Analyze/profile data to meet project needs, create test beds and seed test data using Structure Query Language (SQL), or by other means based on environment, to ensure complete coverage of business requirements, functional and technical specifications are met.
· Strong knowledge and working experience in integrated systems testing
· Expertise in processing data available in Flat Files
· Extracting data from tables and formatting and dumping in files for validation
· Strong knowledge and working experience in API validation tools like ReadyAPI, Postman, SoapUI, Swagger
· Strong knowledge and working experience in any SQL engines
· Strong knowledge in writing and executing complex SQL queries
· Strong knowledge and experience in accessing data from multiple data sources like Excel, Access, Oracle & DB2.
· Knowledge of or working experience with various areas of insurance domain
· Certified System Test Professional (CSTP) and Certified Test Manager (CTM), Project Management Professional(PMP)
· Experience in Polarion, QuerySurge, and/or Seleniu
Blue Star Partners, LLCMinneapolis, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.