- Posted: over a month ago
Veterinary Assistants are valuable members of our medical teams and play a crucial role in patient care and client service. At Blue Springs Animal Hospital & Pet Resort, you will work closely with doctors and technicians to increase the efficiency within our hospital as well as the level of care we provide as a team. Come thrive in an environment that encourages learning and continued grow within the profession.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
● Animal handling and restraint
● Assist doctors and technicians with medical treatments, diagnostic tests, and procedures
● Obtain health history from clients and ensure documentation is accurate and complete within the electronic medical record
● Maintain cleanliness of treatment and patient areas
● Restock and organize medical supplies
● Constantly advance your knowledgebase and skill set
Skills and Qualifications:
● 2 years of professional experience in a veterinary clinical setting (CSR, kennel attendant, vet assistant, other), preferred
● Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve and handle multiple tasks
● Must have the ability to adjust to changes in the environment and able to handle stress in a calm manner
● Must be a team player, have patience and maintain a positive attitude.
● Must be able to anticipate and be detail oriented due to the high level of quality medicine. Must be able to lift and restrain pets of at least 40 pounds, and work on feet most of the day.
Benefits and Perks:
● Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options, all starting first of the month following date of hire
● 401K with company match
● Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options included
● Long Term Disability options
● Short Term Disability, paid for by employer
● Complimentary Life Insurance $15,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
● Personal Pet Discounts
● PTO and Paid Holidays
● Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Blue Springs is a family-friendly community with an excellent school system located in suburban Kansas City. Nearby beautiful, wooded hills and lakes offer ample outdoor recreational opportunities. Right down the road, Kansas City offers culture, shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. Our community is a great place to live, and our hospital is an exceptional place to pursue your career.
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Blue Springs Animal Hospital
AddressBlue Springs, MO
AnimalView all jobs at Blue Springs Animal Hospital