RN - Registered Nurse - 12 Hour Shifts
Full Time Positions Available on Day and Night Shifts
12 Hour Shifts
Days: 7:00 am - 7:30 pm * Nights: 7:00 pm - 7:30 am
Full Time Positions work Every Other Weekend
BlueRidge Vista Health and Wellness is currently seeking experienced RNs to work in a therapeutic hospital setting providing care and treatment to patients who are mentally ill. These positions work Monday - Friday and Every Other Weekend.
With some of the areas most advanced physicians and clinical teams, BlueRidge Vista Health and Wellness offers treatment programs that have been developed to have a profoundly positive impact on the broad range of unique behavioral needs of our aging and adult population.
The successful candidate will be a graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing and will have an unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse to practice by the State of Ohio Board of Nursing.Previous experience in a psychiatric health care facility, with direct experience working with psychiatric and geriatric patients preferred. Charge nurse experience preferred.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing the patient and plan of care within set time-frames and document findings according to policies.
- Supervising the shift team delegating tasks, such as groups, close observation, meal supervision, etc.
- Monitors patient for change of condition and responds accordingly up to and including notification of the physician.
- Following hospital policy for medication administration.
- Delivery of care with empathy, dignity, and respect when interacting with patients.
- Delivery of quality nursing care to ensure that goals of the treatment plan are properly executed following hospital policies and procedures and demonstrated nursing competencies.
- Assists/performs comprehensive nursing assessments on all patients.
- Ensuring that individual patient observation/checks are conducted.
- Ensuring that physician orders are transcribed and administered accurately and that medications are administered safely and accurately with demonstrated knowledge of indications and side effect.
- Documenting adequately reflecting acuity (physical and emotional status). Response to interventions and progress toward goals.
- Communicating patient’s response to interventions to Interdisciplinary Treatment Team and daily report
- Interacting with patients and groups of patients to enhance communication and delivery of quality care.
- Orienting patient/family to program. Explaining and enforcing patient rights and act as the patient’s advocate and assures that patient rights are upheld; able to preserve confidentiality.
- Ensuring completion and monitoring of detox protocol.
- Monitoring patient for change of condition and responding accordingly up to and including notification of the physician.
- Delivering quality nursing care to ensure that goals of the treatment plan are properly executed following hospital policies and procedures and demonstrated nursing competencies.
- May be required to perform other duties responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- RN with a current nursing license as required by Ohio State Law.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current CPR license.
- Must have at least 1 year of previous clinical experience performing a variety of personal care, nursing care, and related technical work.
- Psychiatric experience preferred.
- Charge nurse experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of practical nursing principles and practices, patient age groups and the developmental process characteristic of these age group, and the ability to provide care and/or treatment that is appropriate to the age, medical condition, and/or developmental status of the patients served.
- Must be able to observe, record, and report on the general and specific physical and mental conditions of the patients, as well as the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of significant changes in the condition of such patients.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with a team of inter-disciplinary professionals, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as state, federal and regulatory requirements.
BlueRidge Vista employees enjoy competitive wages, PTO plans, and a menu of benefit options. Qualified RNs, respond to this ad with your resume to join a World Class team of nursing professionals!
Blue Ridge Vista Health & Wellness