About Blue Ridge Pharmacy
We are a fast-growing, local healthcare company that strives to build personal relationships with patients while offering innovative customer experience. Culture is very important to us; our goal is to build a dedicated, optimistic, and enthusiastic team that is committed to serving our customers and providing a great experience from start to finish. If you embody hospitality, helping others, and are ready to go the extra mile, we'd love to talk to you!
We're Looking for...
A Pharmacy Fill Technician in our Cary, NC pharmacy who has meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and the ability to work efficiently in deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
How will you contribute?
The Pharmacy Fill Technician will work under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist toreceive and fill prescription requests for patients providing the most comprehensive quality assurance for our patients and long term facilities.
- Receive and verify prescriptions
- Prepare medication for patients through mixing, counting pills, and labeling bottles
- Prepare adherence packages, where tablets are placed in compartments for specified days of the week
- Locate medication from the pharmacy supply area, count out, and package incorrect system, including blister packs, vials, etc.
- Operate computer software; apply eligibility requirements; read physician's prescription orders; perform simple calculations, measurements, and conversions; and maintain HIPAA patient confidentiality.
- Claims adjudication and troubleshooting third party issues
- Assist with pharmacy workflow as needed
- Performs follow-ups with long term care facilities
- Answer phones and assists customers with inquiries
What will you need to succeed?
You are driven, resourceful and someone who loves to take initiative. You are positive, outgoing, and always excited to learn and grow!
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) license is required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Long term care pharmacy experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- General understanding of pharmacy billing and related data entry
Not only are we committed to offering excellent company benefits, but we also have the added perk of working in a flexible, respectful, and supportive team environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Company health plans including medical, prescription, vision, dental, and supplemental insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Direct Primary Care program offering local personalized care for you and your family
- Wellness program with discounted gym memberships and an employee assistance program
- Prioritized work + life balance by providing generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer days
- 401k plan with company match
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Blue Ridge Pharmacy Inc