Middle School/Adolescent Teacher
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Lead Guide at Blue Ridge Montessori School is responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment for all students. This individual will work together with an Assistant Guide and in conjunction with the entire faculty and staff. Position can also be divided by subjects. (example: Math and Science/English)
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Engage children in activities and play that stimulate their development.
- Guide children through education and development programs.
- Create daily plans and implement age-appropriate curriculum that stimulates all domains of each child’s development.
- Assess lesson plans and current teaching methods.
- Teach students basic academic and life skills, such as how to work cooperatively with others, how to organize materials, how to listen, how to communicate, and how to study.
- Tutor students individually, as needed.
- Perform administrative work, as needed, such as grading assignments, etc.
- Ensure that all children’s needs are met at all times.
- Take a loving approach with each and every child.
- Consistently contribute to children’s behavior and social interactions.
- Conduct child assessments to gauge students’ progress.
- Document and report students’ progress.
- Build secure relationships with all children.
- Work with all other staff and the Head of School to ensure all guidelines and goals are met.
- Log actions taken with each child appropriately on the portal.
- Report accidents, illnesses, and unusual behavior of children to parents and the Head of School.
- Report any signs of child abuse or neglect via our guidelines to the Head of School immediately.
- Communicate with parents throughout the day, if needed.
- Soothe upset children, as needed.
- Supervise children at all times to ensure safety.
- Ensure the classroom and other areas are kept clean at all times.
- Attend and engage in occasional parent participation events and other events that may be on nights and/or weekends.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Tolerance - Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree. Licensure and/or Montessori Certification is a plus.
Experience: Educational or childcare experience, required.
Computer Skills: Ability to efficiently operate computers and other technology, as needed.
Certifications & Licenses: CPR Certification, preferred. Montessori certification, MACTE accredited preferred.
Blue Ridge Montessori Inc.
EducationView all jobs at Blue Ridge Montessori Inc.