Can your investigative skills put Sherlock Holmes out of business? Do you have a drawer with a collection of useful office supplies that can only be rivaled by that of Batman's utility belt? Are you able to communicate eloquently and explain just about anything to anyone? And, have you finally admitted to yourself that you love property management and that you're ready for the next step in your career? If so, you should be an Assistant Community Manager for Blue Ridge Companies.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Community Manager in training staff concerning leasing, computer entry, marketing, maintenance and general office operations.
- Accept and write resident service requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete a monthly market survey and maintain first-hand knowledge of the competition. Shop the property’s competition on a regular basis.
- Assume responsibility for the operations of the property, including reporting systems, in the absence of the Community Manager.
- Process all statements of security deposits upon move-out.
- Assist the Community Manager with accounts payable; maintain a working knowledge of the policies and procedures for processing invoice payments
- Daily post all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents.
We're Good At:
- Providing opportunities for you to enhance your career through engaging educational classes.
- Rewarding you with up to 25% of your annual salary in bonuses each year.
- Benefits: we've got quite a few; 401k, health insurance, life insurance, the list goes on...
- Providing you with the opportunity to give back to the community through philanthropic initiatives, such as Toys for Tots, food drives and more.
You're Good At:
- Customer service - Managing difficult or emotional customer situations; Responding promptly to customer needs; Responding to requests for service and assistance.
- Teamwork - Giving and welcoming feedback; Contributing to building a positive team spirit; Putting success of team above own interests;
- Dependability - Keeping commitments; Committing to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completing tasks on time or notifying the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Managing the collection process for both current and previous residents.
- Being proficient at all leasing tasks including leasing apartments, lease paperwork and move-in procedures.
- Driving. Yep, Blue Ridge Companies requires you to have a valid driver's license to drive the golf cart.
You Might Also Be Good At:
- Using Onesite and/or Yardi software.
- Ignoring the little devil on your shoulder when addressing difficult situations.
- Supporting and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Supporting the team by providing clerical support and answering phone calls.