Construction Manager Job Description
The Construction Manager (CM) will be responsible for project general conditions, construction site management, and overall safety compliance on job sites.
- Make arrangements to set up a secured area for materials – line up temporary fencing, storage unit, locks, etc. (Coordinate locations with on-site management)
- Set-up equipment rentals and assist with the coordination of subcontractor housing if necessary. Blue Pine does not rent an apartment or otherwise pay for subcontractor housing (this is the responsibility of the subcontractor)
- Call and schedule material orders and delivery schedules – make sure accounts are set up with each vendor
- Manage job material storage, securing, and protection from theft, loss, and damage
- Material lists must be submitted to the Project Manager weekly to ensure conformance with project budgets
- Pull permits if required and display if necessary – save permits in Dropbox for customer sharing
- Call and request delivery of dumpsters, as needed – make sure dumpsters are not in fire zones or obstructing resident parking
- Order port-a-potty (coordinate the location with management)
- Provide Project Manager date stamped pictures and written documentation of any existing building and/or site damage that may potentially become a change order to Owner/Client
- Work with the site team to help prepare notices 48 hours prior to work beginning (it may be necessary to assist with delivery of notices, but that should be the responsibility of the site team)
- Overall Management of the job site
- Change Orders
- Maintain all Documents regarding the job site
- Project Close-Out
- Administer and enforce company safety plan, OSHA and municipal regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
Four years of experience in multi-unit construction management and/or renovation construction management with increasing responsibility.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Construction Management Certification by the American Institute of Constructors or Construction Management Association of America preferred.
- OSHA – 30-hour certificate or availability to attain certification within two weeks of start date. Failure to complete this training will result in the immediate suspension of employment lasting at minimum the length of time necessary to achieve certification completion.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of Jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Travel to meet with clients or potential clients, vendors, and managing project sites
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the job site.
Conditions of Employment
1. Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
2. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background/screening.
3. Blue Pine Construction Corp. patriciates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each applicant’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All candidates who are offered employment must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 along with the required proof of their right to work in the United States and proof of their identity prior to starting employment. Please be prepared to provide the required documentation as soon as the job offer is made.
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Blue Pine Construction Corp.
Why Work Here?
Awesome Team with Amazing Team Players!