- $70,000 to $95,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
The Network Engineer position is a customer-facing role with internal responsibilities. This position engages with our customers to design, architect, implement, troubleshoot and maintain their network infrastructure. The Network Engineer serves as a support level for troubleshooting networking issues. Additionally, this position will be responsible for maintaining documentation of client networks and systems.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, configurations.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures for help desk for first tier network troubleshooting.
- Create project plans, design, and implement solutions
- Network Support for problems identified with customers
- Escalation point for Managed Service technical support team.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Provide Network services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, and network monitoring
- Interface with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor
- Develop custom scripts to monitor, automate and administer
- Design, configure, and install custom infrastructure solutions for Data Center and Wireless customers
- Monitoring through multiple platforms
- Responsible for setup/configure wireless networks
- Performing wireless predictive and onsite surveys
- Net+, Security +, SonicWALL CSSA and CCNA certification or equivalent proven experience
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years extensive technical experience in a variety of IT areas, including: thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, Switching, and firewalls.
- LAN communications (including 802.1q-based VLANS, link aggregation, etc.)
- WAN communications (including Client-PPP, MPLS, load balancing, and high availability)
- Understanding of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi standards and related components
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various customers and management levels
- Demonstrated ability to create SOPs to help efficiency of Managed Services Technical support team
- Demonstrated ability to create a project plan
- Strong documentation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Associates Degree in Information Technology
- Vendor specific firewall and / or network certifications
- Layer 7 load balancers such as NetScaler, Coyote, F5, Web Application Firewalls
While Blue Net is very flexible providing opportunity to work remote, there is an expectation to maintain a physical presence among the team by working with one's supervisor to commit to some in-office days.
Growing company with an awesome team. On the job training provided.
Based in Eagan, Minnesota, Blue Net, Inc. is an IT Services and Solutions provider specializing in working with small to mid-sized businesses. Blue Net, a Microsoft Gold partner, delivers a full range of IT services including IT Managed Services, Microsoft Office 365 Migration planning, implementation and support, Microsoft Azure Migration services, Cloud Hosting, SharePoint, Power Platform and .Net Development services.
Blue NetSaint Paul, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.