CFI Academy Instructor
Blue Line Aviation LLC
- Posted: over a month ago
Salary: Starting at $55,000 DOE
Started in 2012 by husband and wife team, Blue Line Aviation is a professional pilot school located at the Johnston Regional Airport in Smithfield, NC. We strive to push the status quo in flight training while providing quality and innovative training to our students.
- Company paid medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance available
- $10,000 signing bonus
- Relocation assistance available
* COVID vaccination NOT a requirement for this position.
- Instrument rating
- Commercial pilot certificate
- CFI rating
- CFII rating
- 2nd Class Medical
- MEI rating
- Eligible to teach CFI applicants in accordance with Part 61.195 (Required)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to apply learned knowledge in practice
- Ability to provide quality training based on measured student performance
- Ability and knowledge to provide a safe learning and working environment
- Ability to effectively manage time for self and student learning
- Ability to advocate for self and students
- Ability to connect meaningfully with others
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communications
- Ability to work effectively as a team
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think systemically, critically, and analytically
- Adaptable and flexible with work schedule
- Ability to make on the spot decisions
- Reliably and consistently on time and on task
- Familiarity with Blue Line Syllabi, Training Course Outlines, Safety Practices and Procedures manuals, and other Part 141 and Blue Line procedures.
- Proficiency and familiarity with Blue Line Aviation Aircraft including:
- Aircraft limitations
- Maximum airspeeds
- Performance and maneuverability
- Weight and balance
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- 141 Training Course Outlines
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- FAA Record Keeping Requirement
- Maintain current knowledge needed to provide quality and accurate instruction to students.
- Construct and deliver course content, utilizing appropriate and approved teaching strategies and resources that actively engage students and achieve desired student outcomes.
- Deliver flight and ground training in accordance with Blue Line Syllabi, Training Course Outlines, Safety Practices and Procedures manuals, and other Part 141 and Blue Line procedures.
- Demonstrate and apply working knowledge of visual, auditory, and kinesthetic teaching styles to efficiently and accurately instruct students in accordance with the Aviation Instructors Handbook.
- Maintain professional interactions with a diverse student population by providing timely and accurate feedback that supports learning.
- Apply assessment and checkride results to address possible deficiencies and improve instruction effectiveness.
- Maintain and accurately document student progress and records according to 141 requirements.
- Identify students that are struggling with the curriculum or are falling behind schedule. Notify manager so that deficiencies can be addressed appropriately.
- Identify long-term and short-term goals in student learning and integrate assessments at regular intervals to support and measure learning objectives.
Blue Line Aviation LLC
Sports and Recreation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?