Draftsman Autocad Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Draftsman / Account Management
Blue Star Glass: Founded in 2007, Blue Star Glass, Inc. is a commercial architectural glass fabricator located in Central New Jersey. Servicing NJ, NYC Metro Area, NY, PA, CT & MA, Blue Star Glass has quickly grown to be one of the Northeast’s leading glass fabricators. With top-of-the-line American and European equipment, Blue Star Glass is proud of its superior quality and efficient work capacity. Blue Star Glass looks forward to continued growth, through new technologies and products, an excellent work force and regional expansion in years to come.
Blue Star Glass is seeking a full-time CAD Draftsman to support the Account Management Team. The position is responsible for assisting client needs by processing orders with CAD requirement, providing product and company capability information, liaising between customers and Estimation Department, liaising between customers and Shipping Department, working with Production Department to ensure timely completion of orders. As a CAD Draftsman, you will be a primary face of the company, interacting with leading architects, designers and contractors daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, production, pricing, quotes, company capabilities and product information.
- Create and Manipulate CAD files for entry into production systems.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex technical drawings per customer requests.
- Accurate entry of customer orders into our order entry software, verify accuracy and communicate confirmations to customers.
- Ensure customer acknowledgements of orders and technical documents are accurately. received/recorded as well as all necessary customer signatures prior to order acceptance.
- Process quotes and liaise between Estimation Department and Customers to ensure timely adherence to project cut-offs.
- Accurately track customer interactions through fax, email and phone.
- Coordinate with production teams to meet customer deadlines.
- Assist with and resolve customer inquiries regarding service delays, delivery status, re-orders, and working with clients and co-workers collaboratively to ensure best resolution to the problem.
- Track production status to ensure timely execution of orders.
- Answer telephones and other customer correspondence promptly.
Customer Service Representative Requirements
- Associates degree or above, Bachelors degree preferred.
- AutoCAD by Autodesk Experience
- Rhino is a plus
- Strong mathematical skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Attention to detail; good memory.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to think on their feet.
- 1+ years’ experience previous customer experience.
- Experience in glass industry a significant plus but not required
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, CAD, CRM
- Strong eagerness to improve, learn and grow within the industry.
Blue Star Glass is growing rapidly and we are always seeking competitive and highly motivated candidates. If you are a candidate with a proven track record of success, immense desire to learn and grow with a fast moving company, we want to hear from you! This is an unparalleled opportunity where you will have the chance to truly make a real impact in the business and learn much along the way.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNorth Brunswick, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?