RN - Adult CVOR
Blue Heart Medical Staffing Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
RN - Adult CVOR - Days & Nights Available - (3) 12s - ASAP Start
Provides and coordinates defined specialty care and associated services to a defined population. Operates in a range of clinical, academic, research, and/or community outreach settings. Assesses patient and associated needs, develops and implements intervention plans, and evaluates response. Collaborates with other health care providers and/or community services, as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently obtains detailed health histories and performs physical assessments on a selected patient population; treats acute/chronic medical problems, as per physician approved protocol.
- Performs or assists in procedural care requiring complex nursing skills and clinical judgement.
- Plans, facilitates, and provides community outreach and/or educational activities within area of specialty to patients, families, health care staff, faculty and students; may travel state-wide to various outreach locations to provide services.
- Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates provider care and services, to include home and school visits, and physician hospital visits for the specified population; supervises and/or coordinates patient care by support staff within clinical environments.
- Notifies attending physician on call, the house physician, or the primary physician, as appropriate, regarding unusual or unexpected events/problems requiring direct physician consultation.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Trains and educates nursing staff and ancillary student populations, as appropriate, in clinical procedures; coordinates in-service training, continuing education, orientation, and other related training functions.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- May perform clinical research as appropriate to specific operations.
- Develops and/or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- RN State-bound or Compact License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Advanced nursing skills in area of specialty.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.