Senior BI Engineer (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
BHI is a data analytics and software-as-a-service company helping health plans, researchers, healthcare providers, employers, and government agencies use data to improve the health of populations and increase the value of care provided. We leverage the largest comparative claims database available and cutting-edge models and analytic tools to collaborate with our customers to drive their success.
Our team is highly focused and passionate healthcare and technology experts who have invested years solving the problem of turning healthcare data into information. Founded by the BCBS Association and 18 Blue plans, we serve Blue and non-Blue organizations across the healthcare continuum. Our stability in value and leadership supported our growth and positions us for continued future success. Join us as we help improve healthcare for all.
We are seeking a highly qualified Senior BI Engineer experience in modern BI stack development, with a strong understanding of Tableau development. This position requires a candidate with a solid understanding of database architecture and familiarity with Snowflake. The ability to use Qlik is a plus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for gathering business requirements, developing data models and visualizations that will support strategic decisions. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and optimizing existing reports, as well as designing and building customized ones. Having a healthcare background will allow you to understand industry-specific data and the technical implications of reporting in this field. This experience will be key to developing meaningful and insightful data visualizations and models.
- Develop and maintain Tableau reports, dashboards, and data models
Gather and translate business requirements into actionable insights
- Design and implement efficient and scalable data models
- Ensure data accuracy and completeness in all reports
- Identify and troubleshoot data quality issues
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of BI projects
Continuously optimize and improve BI solutions based on stakeholder feedback
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in modern BI stack development, Tableau experience is required
- 3+ years of experience developing on the Tableau platform is required
- Familiarity with Snowflake, Qlik knowledge is a plus
- Healthcare background is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity It is the policy of BHI to provide equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by the federal, state or local laws
Blue Health Intelligence
EngineeringView all jobs at Blue Health Intelligence
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?