Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Food & Beverage Supervisor
Reports to: Food & Beverage Outlet Manager and Director of Food & Beverage
Job Purpose: To achieve and maintain customer satisfaction in all dining areas.
Job Summary: Manages staff; achieves operational objectives; avoids legal challenges; publicizes the restaurant; maintains ambiance; and a safe and healthy environment. Manages reservations and group bookings. The Food & Beverage Supervisor will work scheduled shifts while achieving standards.
Position is eligible for Sign On bonus!
- Willingness to accept the most effective role, that could include any area within the Food and Beverage department.
- Work directly with Food & Beverage Outlet Manager and Director of Food & Beverage.
- Maintain inventory systems to assist in controlling costs.
- Maintain par levels of product based on occupancy.
- Place and maintain weekly orders.
- Accomplishes consistent opening & closing procedures; checks employees work to be consistent with set guidelines.
- Attention to details, chalkboard/white boards, features, dining room appearance, staff appearance, and personal professionalism of all staff.
- Maintain daily and weekly cleaning checklists and uphold cleanliness and organization standards.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with Food & Beverage Outlet Manager and Director of Food & Beverage.
- Communicate consistently with staff using communication log and verbal communication.
- Complete weekly and ongoing projects as communicated through Food & Beverage Outlet Manager and Director of Food & Beverage.
- To meet the company appearance standards each shift including, but not limited to: proper personal hygiene, uniform, grooming and personal presentation. To be responsible for assigned till/ banks in their entirety, and any subsequent sales accrued during their assigned shift.
- The ability to list, prepare and serve properly each and every item including but not limited to: drinks, sandwiches, ice creams, ect. in all outlets.
- To properly prepare service area to the specifications of the standard opening checklist.
- To properly close each service area to the specifications of the standard closing checklists.
- To properly order items for restaurant and coffee shop if needed.
- To maintain the cleanliness and organization of all service and guest contact areas.
- To coach and maintain a high level of guest service specific to each outlet.
- To work as a functioning unit of the Food and Beverage department team in all areas of obligation.
- Handle guest’s disputes, learn kitchen operations, food delivery in dining area, and learn bar function.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- May need to answer phones, take orders from tables to help severing staff out.
- Must have open availability and be willing to work most peak business shifts.
- Customer service driven personality.
- Creative thought process and creative ability.
- Basic cash handling knowledge and accountability.
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals.
- Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Inspires others with enthusiasm and positive energy.
- Self-motivated and thrives on doing a job well. Have the independence, initiative, and desire to achieve.
- Driver’s licenses for the state of WI.
- Limited request off during weekends and busy periods for the Resort
- Able to work (am/pm) depending on operational needs.
- Some periods where staff maybe scheduled on doubles, 12-hour shift.
- No request off during Holidays and scheduled blackout dates.
- At any time, management team may need to schedule you in another area of Food & Beverage, needs to be willing to fill in when needed.
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Sit and/or stand for long periods on your feet most of the time.
Blue Harbor Resort & Conference Center
FoodView all jobs at Blue Harbor Resort & Conference Center