NOTE: You MUST complete the online interview in order to be considered for this position.
Technical Service Coordinator
Blue Fox Group is seeking a Service Coordinator with strong technical knowledge and experience working within an IT Managed Service environment. This is a great opportunity for an experienced support technician looking to move into management and administration. The Technical Service Coordinator reports directly to the Operations Manager.
To succeed in this role, the Technical Service Coordinator must be highly organized, detail oriented, an excellent communicator and have previous experience in working with PSAs and electronic ticketing systems. While theTSC does not provide direct technical support, the successful candidate must have a strong technical background and be able to apply those concepts in a practical manner to service dispatch operations. Blue Fox provides a wide range of technical services, including business phone systems, access control, paging systems and structured cabling, along with our IT Managed Service, so the ability to learn as you go will be important.
The Technical Service Coordinator is responsible for the management of incoming service requests via phone and through our ticketing system, triaging each request to establish overall impact to our Client's productivity and assigning the appropriate priority status and internal resources, to allow the quickest possible resolution.
The Technical Service Coordinator must be self-motivated and driven to exceed Client expectations. As the primary contact for Help Desk escalations, the Service Coordinator must respond with an appropriate level of urgency and maintain clear and concise communication with all involved parties. You will be expected to monitor internal service boards and requests constantly, watching for stale tickets, escalations and trends and alert the Operations Manager about any identified issues to ensure that we consistently meet our service level agreements.
The Technical Service Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the most appropriate Technology Specialists are assigned, scheduled and dispatched to address Client issues in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. This position requires a quick and analytical mind, a clear understanding of individual strengths/weaknesses and the ability to multi-task calmly in a very fast-paced environment.
This position provides basic supervision of the technical support team, verifying that time is being recorded and auditing closing tickets to ensure that it is properly coded for billing.
- Use technical skills and understanding to handle incoming service-related calls, routing appropriately and generating/assigning service tickets, as well as updating and maintaining Client asset information.
- Accept escalation calls from the Help Desk, ensuring related service tickets are handled promptly by the appropriate resources and providing information to the Help Desk staff that will allow them to continue providing service with little disruption.
- Monitor service requests via electronic ticketing to ensure they are handled efficiently and to our Client’s satisfaction and that billable time, products and Service are properly recorded for invoicing.
- Analyze service requests to identify trends which require attention or may affect our ability to meet SLAs and consistently document information regarding the Client environment and incoming service requests for historical and reporting purposes
- Manage incoming calls and foot traffic, directing inquiries appropriately.
- Communicate with Clients in a timely manner about service-related issues, successfully managing the Client relationship.
- Participate in the On Call Process as a supervisory resource
Required Skills & Traits:
- 2-3 years of documented technical support experience
- 2+ years of documented dispatch experience within a fast-paced Managed IT Service environment and experience working with ConnectWise or other PSA ticketing platform
- Candidates with IT Help Desk Lead and/or Supervisory experience are highly desirable
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to understand technical concepts and effectively apply this knowledge to triaging service requests.
- Highly analytical mind with a strong customer service orientation
- Highly self-motivated, with strong organizational and time management skills