Senior Medical Director (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Senior Medical Director to join our growing team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy
REMOTE WORK (or hybrid): Blue Cross has transitioned to a hybrid workplace where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office work Wednesdays in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week. This role can also be full-time remote, with occasional travel (approximately quarterly) to our Berlin, VT office.
Senior Medical Director Responsibilities:
Develop clinical program strategy for business units throughout the organization, providing clinical direction for business decisions, while understanding the impacts upon our members and providers within the context of the organization and state/federal regulatory guidelines and quality requirements.
Provide clinical validation of existing programs based on market research and competitive differentiation and actively seek to enhance and/or develop new programs.
Assist the plan to innovate and actively alter existing and outdated health paradigms and close the gaps in our members’ health journeys to improve their overall state of health and maximize their member experience.
Senior Medical Director Qualifications:
- Based on leadership and infrastructure requirements of Vermont State Law, URAC, and NCQA, possession of an unrestricted Vermont medical license, American Specialty Board certification, and 5 - 7 years clinical practice experience combined with 3 - 5 years of clinical management experience is required.
- Prior medical administrative background is highly desirable.
- Advanced management degree or equivalent preferred.
Senior Medical Director Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
HealthcareView all jobs at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?