We are looking for you to become a trusted member of a high energy team where you'll be responsible for developing key architecture work for solutions under development. You will use your experience to develop architecture artifacts and manage the consistency to architecture standards. You will also be hands-on with delivery teams to help them adopt and thrive with new technologies and patterns. You will also perform risk analysis, industry and technical trend analysis, vendor selection, and assist in defining strategic direction
Those in the Senior Solutions Architect role may work in any of the following capacities:
- Serve as the senior architect on a given full Software Development Life Cycle project and vendor work; developing, maintaining and reviewing application architecture throughout the project. May include leading proof-of-technology activities.
- Provide leadership in the research, development and adherence to application standards and patterns, application portfolio strategy for solutions, integrations, and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership with service level agreements and processes (i.e., Walkthrough and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.).
- Serve as the senior architect responsible for the planning and design of both on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure solutions. Drive adherence to existing and evolving security requirements to ensure a robust and secure environment for which to deploy applications.
- Serve as Project Lead Architect on a project team (including users, developers and/or vendors), to plan, coordinate, analyze, design, review and implement application systems and/or enhancements to existing systems to meet current and future needs.
- Ensure vendor work is accurately and thoroughly reviewed and also meets all applicable standards; identify gaps and/or opportunities in work to meet long term corporate goals.
- Contribute to and apply IT industry best practices.
- Participate in and lead a cross-functional IT Architecture groups that review designs from an enterprise perspective.
- Participate in the design review process and support the overall Enterprise Architecture Management process. Also, influence and drive change to architecture processes, strategies and standards, as needed.
- Accountable for key design reviews and recommendations to management and IT governance, including: Selection and review of structural elements and their interfaces, by which a system is composed; Behavior as specified in collaborations about those elements; Composition of these structural and behavioral elements into larger subsystems; Architectural system that guides this organization; Architectural documentation creation and stewardship
- Support pre-project efforts in terms of working with the user team or vendor during meetings/presentations, crafting conceptual solutions, assisting with time estimates, and documenting designs.
- Develop Solution Architecture Models and Documentation (key written project deliverable). Oversee and approve the creation of architecture documentation.
- Provide technical expertise/coaching for others; facilitate the development and provide direction on integration design patterns around services and interfaces; work hands-on often with delivery teams; and monitor application architecture related to other areas of IT, the business community, and outside vendors to ensure the relevance of architecture to meet business needs.
- Create or review IT plans that manage clear and realistic expectations of what technology can offer in terms of products, services, and delivery mechanisms.
- Establish, maintain and review enterprise architecture models to enable applications development and decision-supporting activities, consistent with IT plans.
- Support and mentor less experienced architecture staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of progressive experience in a combination of development, design, infrastructure/data center and/or related IT disciplines.
- If no degree, 12 years of progressive experience as stated above
- Must have at least 3 years of direct infrastructure, system, application and/or other solution architecture experience.
- Past experience should include significant background leading broad and complex technical work with proven success in the design and delivery of quality scalable IT solutions on time, on budget and in compliance with applicable requirements.:
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical integrations, technologies, and processing environments, including cloud and SaaS technologies.
- Familiarity with front-end development, microservices, and cloud computing is required.
- Strong experience in solution design principles and practices, system development methodologies, and software life cycles.
- Experience coordinating vendor solution delivery and partnering effectively with vendors to meet business needs.
- Experience in multiple architecture disciplines is preferred.
- Experience leading technical teams is preferred, especially hands-on and able to coach teams on new technologies and practices.
- Prefer candidates with understanding of: Regulatory and legislative impact on health plans, specifically HIPAA requirements placed on cloud tenants; Health insurance and plan administration.
- Experience with object-oriented system architectures utilizing use cases, ArchiMate or Unified Modeling Language (UML), Visio, and TOGAF or the Rational Unified Process (RUP) or similar methodology is preferred.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, including team leadership and work organization/coordination.
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills; and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Works effectively with clients to document requirements by conducting interviews and facilitating JAD sessions.
- Able to work closely with the business, IT personnel and other architectural areas to provide research and development around application trends, integration patterns, vendor direction and development methodologies.