Program Manager I - MicroSat
- Expired: December 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT), a subsidiary of Raytheon Technologies, is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
Position Purpose: The Program Manager I - MicroSat will work on BCT's Spacecraft Avionics Systems and will be providing leadership and guidance in a team environment. Own the relationship between our design, manufacturing, and test teams, focusing on overseeing day-to-day execution while implementing strategic initiatives to increase throughput and reduce product lead time.
Title: Program Manager I - MicroSat
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $80,000 - $125,000
(Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
Location: Lafayette, CO
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave.
- Program management responsibility for Space hardware missions for Commercial, Defense, Restricted, or NASA satellites.
- Responsible for day-to-day manufacturing and test execution of BCT components products, to include Electronics, Mechanisms, GN&C, Power Products, and Ground Support Equipment.
- Manage production demand, work orders, and product flow through factory, setting and achieving priorities and throughput goals.
- Own resolution of manufacturing and test related non-conformances as well as implementation of root cause corrective actions.
- Develop and refine production processes to bring products from low to high-rate production.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and responsible engineers to evaluate and implement design for manufacturability and testability changes.
- Oversight of supply chain strategy, including quality, diversification of supplier base, etc
- Work closely with internal customers to help refine their needs and provide innovative and competitive solutions with existing products.
- Ensure all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3-5 years Industry Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Management with Engineering background, or related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Experience with all phases of the product life cycle (business development, concept formulation, requirements flow-down, manufacturing, integration and test, and post-delivery support)
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Experience with implementation of DFx principles, lean manufacturing, and six sigma
- Strong systems engineering and technical management skills
- Ability to work rapidly with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Melissa Po at 720-450-8252 or HR@bluecanyontech.com.
Blue Canyon Technologies
BusinessView all jobs at Blue Canyon Technologies
Get fresh Raytheon Technologies jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.