Hardware Quality Assurance Engineer
- Posted: July 11, 2022
Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT), a subsidiary of Raytheon Technologies, is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future. Blue Canyon Technologies is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Hardware Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team. Well qualified applicants will be motivated and invested in company success.
Title: Hardware Quality Assurance Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $75,000 - $133,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
Location: Boulder, CO
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution)
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year and parental leave).
Position Purpose: The Hardware Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for assuring procured parts and manufactured assemblies meet engineering and customer expectations. The HQE will plan, lead, and perform assurance activities for engineering design, assembly, and developmental tasks. The HQE will also perform analysis of assembly and test processes for risk and risk mitigation activities. Product will include design documentation, software and/or hardware development, individual space craft components, and sub-system and system level test and integration. The HQE will be engaged through all phases of product manufacture for various systems and programs. The HQE regularly interfaces with all the technical engineering disciplines and manufacturing technicians.
- Participate in risk identification reviews of manufacturing instructions and test documentation.
- Adjudicate inspection issues and collaborate with the responsible manufacturing and/or engineering functions to improve product and/or processes.
- Lead defect analysis for products and process work centers and facilitate improvements.
- Interface with Mission Success Engineering regarding hardware status and risk review.
- Chair the Material Review Board and participate in Failure Review Board efforts.
- Drive closure of non-conformances and provide status to programs.
- Identify supplier issues and address design and manufacturing areas for improvement.
- Facilitate customer visits, audits, and process questions.
- Support the inspection team to ensure that products and processes comply with customer requirements.
- Assist in conducting internal audits and support calibration efforts.
- Drive Lean Manufacturing principles throughout the organization as it pertains to quality assurance methodology.
- Assist Quality Manager in establishing, implementing, and maintaining department process documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in a technical discipline. Preference given to an Engineering or Science degree.
- 3+ years in Quality Engineering and/or related technical role(s).
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Six Sigma Greenbelt, or AS9100 Lead Auditor is a plus.
- Additional related experience may be considered in lieu of required education.
- Previous Aerospace / Space industry experience required.
- Proficiency with electronics and mechanical hardware assurance methods and tools (inspection, test, analysis, MT&E.)
- Familiarity with electronic and mechanical components is required.
- Working understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001, AS9100, etc.)
- Experience with aerospace manufacturing (quality, engineering, measurement, and/or support) is necessary. Hands on experience with spaceflight hardware and systems is a plus.
- Previous experience with corrective actions, supplier engagement, and 3rd party audit support is expected.
- Experience with IPC-600, 610, & 620 and J-STD-001 PWA and PWB requirements is strongly preferred but not required. The candidate will be expected to achieve certification(s) shortly after hire.
- Diverse experience with Supplier Quality, Receiving Inspection, Critical Moves/Lifts, Test Assurance and witnessing, Risk Assessment and/or Manufacturing Engineering strongly desired.
This job operates in a laboratory environment in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as computers, electronic test equipment, common inspection tools and equipment, microscopes, color displays and associated office equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time. The employee is commonly required to bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Melissa Po at 720-450-8252 or HR@bluecanyontech.com.
Blue Canyon Technologies
5330 Airport BlvdBoulder, CO
ManufacturingView all jobs at Blue Canyon Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?