- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Controller to become an integral part of our team! Energetic team player willing to work with all departments and help drive results for the team. You will oversee financial activities and personnel as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
Education: Preference will be given to candidates who have a masters degree in business administration (MBA) or professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA).
- Oversee and coordinate all financial activities and personnel with a team
- Set controls and budgets to mitigate risk and increase return on investments
- Standardize and maintain a system of accounting records and techniques
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Will seek input from Management Team in decision making with ability to support ideas/approaches you recommend.
- Previous experience in accounting management or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented, organized, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines even when extra hours are required.
Blue Blade Steel
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Assistant Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.