Regional Project Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Regional Project Engineer (RPE) will be responsible for creating the annual and long-range capital plan(s) for specific manufacturing production facilities in their assigned territory. This position will be integral in vendor management activities to include but not limited to the following: design/layout, equipment selection, competitive bidding, and project management. The Regional Project Engineer will be a technical resource to multiple facilities, providing input in the areas of maintenance strategy and systems. This position will work closely with quality and operations to ensure compliance with food safety, food defense, regulatory requirements; and will provide technical guidance on expanded packaging and process capabilities. The RPE will also be involved in the execution of sustainability projects focused on the areas of water, compressed air, gas, electricity, and steam. In addition, the RPE will also support key continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage the design, development and implementation of infrastructure and process equipment, ensuring compliance with the quality of manufacturing within the specifications.
- Ensure process capability according to the requirements of products established by the company and maintain costs associated with such processes within the expected ranges.
- Lead initiatives associated with the engineering and development of project processes and optimization by aligning such developments with the requirements of food quality certifying bodies.
- Develop the long-range capital plans (3-5 years) for the facilities within the regional territory.
- Provide status reports on projects and initiatives.
- Support investigation and evaluation of major equipment and process failures.
- Participate and assist in cost reduction projects.
- Support both the optimization in the use of energy resources and the controls associated with environmental variables.
- Support the development of strategies for continuous improvement and savings, seeking to maintain the industrial facilities within high performance operating ranges, and align the industrial facilities with corporate objectives.
- Travel to 4 mid-west facilities (Watertown, WI, Mankato, MN, Norfolk, NE and Quincy, IL) to manage specific projects, work with employees and facility leadership teams, provide follow up, and interact with various third parties.
- Based upon workload, travel to and support of Hattiesburg, MS facility may also be necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required (Mechanical or Electrical Civil Engineer)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in program or project management
- Strong background in Change Management
- Knowledge in productive processes of food plants (BRC, SQF, etc.) and BMP
- Knowledge in ERP systems such as JDE, CAM or SAP
- Knowledge in design program such as Auto-CAD
- Travel of up to 50% is required
TechnologyView all jobs at Blue Bix