- Expired: July 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a pediatric therapy clinic in the West Loop area of Chicago, seeking a full time janitor/custodian! We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance and other great benefits!
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Sanitize all surfaces daily.
- Gather and empty trash throughout day as needed.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean, disinfect and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean, disinfect and organize children toys.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets as needed.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Clean outside walkway and store frontage daily.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow shovels and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Notify supervisor of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Must pass federal background check
- Proven working experience as a custodian
- Enjoy working in a busy, fast pace environment with children present
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- High school degree
- Health/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
BLUE BIRD DAY
Real EstateView all jobs at BLUE BIRD DAY