- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Category: Operations
Requisition Number: WELDE001543
- Posted: May 20, 2022
- Rate: $20.1 USD per hour
Showing 1 location
Blue Bird Fort Valley
402 Blue Bird Blvd
Fort Valley, GA 31030, USA
- Travel Required: No
- Responsible for installing correct jig, parts, and set up machinery for production of parts
- Do quality checks, control shop paperwork, meet production standards
- Weld, assembly, and installation of parts
- Will implement wire feed and gas for correct weld
- Will weld with MIG and stick welding equipment
- Notify supervisor when issues arise
- Operate within standard operating procedures and job safety analysis
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Attend daily safety department meetings
- Communicate with supervisors and other team members throughout their shift to ensure daily tasks are clear
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
- Must pass criminal background check, drug screen, and physical
- Must pass Blue Bird welding certification within 90 days of hire date or date the associate transfers into a welding position
- During the 90 days prior to achieving Blue Bird welding certification, the associate will work under the guidance of a certified welder
- Welding certificate from a previous employer or technical school will be accepted in lieu of the Blue Bird Certification
- Must pass Blue Bird Welding Evaluation and Medical Respiratory Evaluation
- Work in manufacturing environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, and fumes
- Fast-paced environment with moving objects, sharp edges, and congested working areas
- Will be pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching overhead, grasping, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Wear welding hood with temperatures ranges of 40 to 115 degrees
- Must meet established quality and production standards
- Practice good housekeeping
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must meet established attendance policy and work overtime when required
- Must perform other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Blue Bird’s winning culture is fueled by our ability to respect, encourage, celebrate and embrace the unique perspectives of all of our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer who is committed to providing all of our employees with a work environment free of discrimination or harassment. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national, social or ethnic origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
High School or better.
1 year: Welding experience
Blue Bird Body CompanyWhy Work Here?
Blue Bird’s culture is fueled by our ability to respect, encourage, celebrate and embrace the unique perspectives of all of our employees.
Blue Bird offers a complete line of Type A, C and D school buses in a variety of options and configurations. Since 1927, Blue Bird Corporation has continued to set industry standards with its innovative design and manufacturing capabilities. Additionally, Blue Bird provides comprehensive financial solutions through Blue Bird Capital Services. Today, Blue Bird has more than 1,500 employees, Georgia-based manufacturing facilities and an extensive network of Dealers and Parts & Service facilities throughout North America. Its global presence can be seen in more than 60 countries through sales into Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East.