The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating new business opportunities by developing relationships within the insurance industry. Primary responsibilities include inside and outside sales activities such as networking, lead generation, social media, and participation in trade associations.
· Business Development Activity
· Face To Face Meetings
· Generating Whale Leads
· Average Sold At Profit Margin (mix of business)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Nurture and expand existing business relationships to increase lead generation and average job size
· Locate, present to, and sell BluSky to new and prospects
· Maintain membership and involvement in targeted associations and achieve significant committee and/or leadership positions
· Support all BluSky Sales efforts by following up on leads
· Prepare and present sales proposals and BluSky contingency plans
· Achieve 100 connects per week with clients and prospects via meetings, phone, social media, email, etc.
· Contact 10 general adjusters, large loss adjusters, or risk managers per week
· Document and track leads and business development activities in Restoration Manager
· Work with leadership to plan association involvement levels and budgets
· Work with Senior Management to design and implement advertising strategies including content selection and budgeting for local office needs
· Participate in and represent BluSky in trade shows, golf tournaments, and promotional events
· Plan and organize marketing functions; including golf tournaments, charitable events, and other networking and social activities, many of which is after normal business hours
· Partner with sales team on the creation and planning of BluSky University educational seminars
· Become and remain proficient on our services and the associated terminology.
· Adhere to company employment standards and Best Practices
· Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service at all times
· Contribute positively to the BluSky culture and community
· All other duties or projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related required
· 3+ years outside sales experience required; within the restoration industry ideal
· Must be able to attend networking functions 2-4 evenings a week
· Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
· Experience inputting and tracking sales related data into a CRM system
· Valid driver's license
· An outgoing, driven, tenacious, team oriented attitude is a must!
This position offers a competitive base salary and Profit Sharing Plan known as Ownership Thinking. BluSky also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes; a matching 401(k) plan, health insurance (medical, dental and vision), PTO, vehicle allowance, gas card, laptop, cell phone, apparel.