Our client in Minneapolis, MN is seeking a Traveling Disability Assessor. This will be a contract through the end of the year with a possibility of extension into 2020. This role is a work-at-home position after two weeks of onsite training at their office.
Disability Assessment RNs/LSWs will be responsible for completing face-to-face assessments for health plan members with Physical, Developmental, and or Mental Illness. You will evaluate members to determine current health status needs, assign appropriate case management level of care, and document findings in the company's internal tracking system and the State of Minnesota’s system.
- B.S. in nursing or BA in social work. RN with RN diploma (3 year hospital program) or Associate RN degree required
- Current MN RN or Social Worker license required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in care coordination/Case management across the continuum of health care (hospital, clinic, nursing home, home care, etc.) with primary emphasis in working with clients with complex medical issues and/or disabilities;
- Experience working with multi-cultural and variable socioeconomic populations highly desired;
- Experience working for a health maintenance organization serving Medicaid members preferred
- Strong assessment skills
- Must have valid driver license, reliable auto, and proof of insurance
- Proficient computer skills are necessary, along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge regarding case management, managed care organizations, and home and community based services strongly preferred.