The Retail Manager is responsible for driving revenue goals while providing an outstanding patient experience at a Michigan State licensed provisioning center in the Burton MI area. The Manager is responsible for meeting and reporting on revenue goals, leading the provisioning center staff and ensuring compliance with all inventory, security, and system protocols. The Manager is responsible for forecasting inventory levels, ordering and receiving the product, maintaining accurate systems for regulatory reporting and sales analysis. The Manager is also responsible for promoting the "best places to work" culture and should be passionate about sales and the benefits of medical cannabis.
- Develop and execute store strategies to increase patient visits/value per visit, expand store traffic, maximize store sales and optimize profitability.
- Ensure high customer delight and retention; increase customer referrals
- Report on buying trends and customer needs/requests
- Determine promotionally and clearance sales based on your market
- Ensure all products and displays are merchandised effectively for maximum revenue and profitability
- Share best practices with other managers in our network and timely communicate with affiliate business partners
- Communicate regularly with owners and staff regarding inventory availability and discrepancies
- Follows all processes to ensure accuracy and safety protocols are maintained as part of the quality assurance program.
- Manage the receiving process, approval or rejection of all cannabis-related products within regulatory standards.
- Process cannabis waste in accordance with state and local law and within regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure required reporting is accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Ensure inventory and financial compliance
- Work with finance on inventory and cash accounting
- Comply with all State regulatory matters
- A minimum of 4 years of verifiable management experience with proven success in a customer-centric retail management environment
- 5+ years’ experience in the retail industry with STRONG high-volume customer service background preferred
- A high-touch, visible leader who can establish instant credibility with patients and inspire a team of retail associates
- Excellent people and team-building skills - this is a HIGH EQ position
- Solid business and financial acumen and reporting skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Team player with the ability to gain consensus through collaborations and open dialogue
- Experience with inventory control, POS systems, financial reporting, and budget preparation, loss prevention, merchandising, and customer service
- Experience with inventory and cash management
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to pass a background check and be approved to work in Michigan under the MMFLA (no misdemeanor convictions for drugs, fraud, dishonesty or theft in the last 5 years, no felony convictions of any kind in the last 10 years)
It is the policy of Sustainable Staffing Strategies to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual's age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Salary: $42,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Management: 10 years (Preferred)