- Posted: over a month ago
Openings on multiple shifts:
1. Tuesday - Saturday
2:00 pm to 10:30 pm with a $.50 shift differential, then $1.00 shift differential
2. Friday - Tuesday
10:00 pm to 6:30 am with a $1.00 shift differential
3. Tuesday - Saturday
6:00 am to 2:30 pm with a $.50 then $1.00 shift differential
Maintenance Mechanic conducts troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance services to equipment throughout the plant, builds and assembles new equipment.
Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
Use hand tools (calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments)
Use blueprints to assemble finished products
Assume active role in overall plant and facilities-related work. Position requires assisting all jobs on the plant floor.
Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
Maintain shop and shop equipment per 5S Standards.
Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
- Must stand for prolonged periods of time; climb stairs.
- Regularly required to bend, stoop, and reach to adjust equipment.
- Lift in excess of 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Technical training, high school diploma,
- 3 years experience in production machine repair working with shop tools such as shear, lathe, drill press, mill; welding experience a plus.
- Able to read and write English to maintain reports, inspection reports, downtime logs.
- Able to accurately read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service.
- Basic use of a computer, tablet, scanner, iPad for recording information.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Hydraulics Experience
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Calipers and Micrometers
$30 - $38 / hr
Blommer North America
AddressUnion City, CA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Blommer North America