Maintenance Mechanic - $36 / hr
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have openings on multiple shifts!
- Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Rotating 12 Hour Shifts: 6am-6:15pm or 6pm-6:15am
Week 1: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
Week 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
Maintenance Mechanic conducts troubleshooting, repair and preventative
maintenance services to equipment throughout the plant, builds and
assembles new equipment, performance preventative maintenance
services and general building maintenance tasks.
1. Comply with all legislated and relevant laws and regulations for safety and quality including lockout tag out, GMP, HACCP, Allergen and Blommer specific policies and procedures. Maintain work area and equipment, ensure clean, sanitary and orderly conditions, and apply 5S principals. Ensure tools and equipment is in good working order; report any defective materials, missing or damaged tools to the supervisor.
2. Correctly complete any required reports or paperwork such as production data sheets, order documentation. Perform duties as assigned. Some ongoing duties include those listed below but are not inclusive to this position
3. Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines. Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, tanks and production machines. Observe equipment concerns and initiative corrective action/repair.
4. Provide emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production. Respond timely to any mechanical breakdown. Troubleshoot and locate source of problem by observation, testing, talking with operator. Remove defective parts using power tools and other equipment. Repair to prevent reoccurrence. Assemble modified and new equipment for operation as instructed. Fabricate repair parts to maintain existing equipment or make approved modifications using machine shop equipment.
5. Report equipment parts usage from stock to ensure accurate inventory; notify department supervisor of any parts and supplies needing to be ordered. Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job. Document all work to ensure accurate maintenance records, ensure production operation is aware of status of equipment and improve overall communication between shifts.
Job qualifications are stated in the Essential Functions of the job description. An employee must be able to accomplish the Essential Functions in order to be competent in the job. Other special requirements are noted below.
High School Diploma or GED.
3 years’ experience in production machine repair, shop tools and welding experience. Use of calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
Must stand for prolonged periods of time; climb stairs. Regularly required to bend, stoop, and reach to adjust equipment. Lift in excess of 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
Manufacturing production environment – daily exposure to noise, dust and variation in temperature (hot/cold)
Technical training, high school diploma, 3 years experience in production machine repair working with shop tools such as shear, lathe, drill press, mill; welding experience is a plus. Able to read and write English to maintain reports, inspection reports, downtime logs. Able to accurately read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service. Basic use of a computer, tablet, scanner, iPad for recording information. Mechanical aptitude. Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks. Use calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
1101 Blommer DrEast Greenville, PA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Blommer