Director, Energy & Utilities Innovation
Blockchains Management, Inc. Sparks, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Blockchains, LLC is a technology startup dedicated to conceptualizing, building, and incubating blockchain-powered products and services. We are working to accelerate blockchain adoption in order to improve upon the current legacy systems on which many industries and the internet rely. To do so, we are developing blockchain-based infrastructure, with an emphasis on digital asset custody and management, digital identity, reputation, digital payments systems, and the ability to connect physical devices to the Ethereum blockchain.WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Director of Energy and Utilities Innovation, you will manage the company's energy and utility initiatives and be an integral member of the innovation team. You will be charged with developing and executing a plan to transform the energy and utilities sector by discovering, designing, and proving-out break-through blockchain for smart communities and utility infrastructure. You also will be responsible for driving the business for external customers solutions, external pilot projects, and partners programs, fostering the advanced use of transactive blockchain technologies and blockchain-enabled sensors in the digital transformation of the clean energy sector including utilities such as water distribution. These responsibilities include the initiation, implementation and account management of external programs using Blockchains products and services.
Reporting to the VP, Product Strategy and Innovation, you will collaborate with stakeholders and vendors in the energy sector, creating industry committees, leading workshops, and representing the company in energy consortiums, lobbying efforts, and pilot programs. Areas of exploration include IoT sensors, smart networks, and software systems for the management of solar microgrids, wind farms, geothermal sources, fuel cells, energy storage, grid interactions, and advanced solutions yet to be discovered. Initially, your focus will begin with Nevada and the surrounding states, and then expand to national and global initiatives.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Build and lead the company's energy and natural resource initiatives by discovering opportunities and promoting the use of blockchain technology through innovation programs and pilots.
- Facilitate, design, develop, and implement scalable market solutions and business opportunities for blockchain-based energy projects with a strong emphasis on renewable energy programs.
- Manage and build strong professional relationships with partners, external stakeholders, government officials, and future customers.
- Ensure the implementation of all energy projects and programs from the planning state through release.
- Integrate different energy buildout projects into large resource land planning framework.
- Research and prepare technical analysis of potential partners in the energy sector to engage.
- Track industry RFI and RFP tenders in the energy and natural resource sectors.
- Research and analyze industry trends and competitor projects for potential impacts on the company's energy initiatives.
- Work with customer key contacts responsible for Enterprise Architecture & IT systems on strategies for blockchain and related IoT technology introduction and system integration.
- Lead workshops for stakeholders to explain the use of blockchain in the energy sector.
- Provide the Technology team with product requirements for any energy related product.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of the product through the software/solution lifecycle.
- Document and compile metrics and data to educate senior management on the opportunities and challenges of the company's energy initiatives and/or the energy sector as a whole.
- Present quarterly educational presentations to senior management and/or staff.
- Assist the Brand team in tailoring communication of company initiatives to external audiences.
- Translate technical terminology to non-technical stakeholders and regulators in a meaningful and digestible manner.
- Develop and share a deep understanding of regulations, business models and standards affecting the Energy industry in California, Nevada or in other US States.
To ensure success, you must have an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent people skills, be a strategic thinker and a diligent worker who is equally technical and business oriented. You are knowledgeable and curious about all aspects of energy and sustainability, technology, policy, and business. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, ideally with authoring policy or white papers in laymen terms and you are comfortable with public speaking, giving presentations and organizing workshops.YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, or related discipline.
- 10 years of experience working in the energy sector, preferably 5 years at a senior level and 5 years technical development (electrical, mechanical, software, or equivalent).
- Experience in blockchain and IoT technology strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing RFP proposals for government and industry projects.
- Experience in presenting at technical conferences and key events.
- Experience hosting technology workshops.
- Experience representing technical initiatives at standards working groups.
Blockchains Management, Inc. ("Blockchains") is proud to be a diverse workforce, and we are committed to inclusion and diversity to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants. Blockchains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Blockchains Management, Inc. ("Controller"), which is located at 610 Waltham Way, Sparks, NV 89437 and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller's data protection officer is Ivan Soto, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller's recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller's behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.